[NL2-NL10] Nl10

• SunWukung
      SunWukung
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP2 ($9.85)
      CO ($11.70)
      Button ($11.30)
      Hero ($1.75)
      BB ($8.15)
      UTG ($9.40)
      UTG+1 ($12.45)
      MP1 ($2.05)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:heart: , A:spade: .
      6 folds, Hero completes, BB raises to $0.25, Hero calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.50) 9:diamond: , A:heart: , 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.35, Hero raises to $1.5 (All-In), BB calls $1.15.

Turn: ($0) 8:spade: (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($0) Q:heart: (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $3.50

Results in white below:
      Hero has Th As (one pair, aces).
      BB has Qd Qc (three of a kind, queens).
      Outcome: BB wins $3.50.

this was probably mistake calling his PF bet, but I thought he was just defending his blind as I raised from SB couple of times before. On the flop I made the top pair with decent kicker and I'm not quite sure if re-raise was correct play
  • 3 replies
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      1)preflop-if you wanted to steal blinds you should raise but not complete SB and easy fold after raise.
      2) on flop top pair and weak kicker(good kicker in SSS K,Q,you had TP4K) so easy check/fold or maybe cbet/fold if you have positive stats on opp.I think top pair not very good spot for check/raise for SSS player.
      Good luck :)
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      if it was a donk, I would've gone all in at the flop. , and he got lucky on the river.
      But as dallievas said you didn't have a good kicker. call would've worked fine. but consider that you will be pot committed if you would call his Turn bet.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      If you want to play that hand, then play raise/fold preflop, otherwise you only will get into difficult situations as you do on the flop, where you can be easy dominated.