Plo Hud

• Zuti5005
      Zuti5005
      Bronze
      Hi..Those anybody know what is GodLikeRoy PLO HUD setup with color coding..
      I think that is great i watched a few videos but i was wandering if has that HUD setup..
      Or maybe Roy can export his own from HEM..
  • 8 replies
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      link to roy hud?
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      dunno. I used the hud recommended in the PLO from scratch ebook, and i'm pretty happy with it. Its minimalistic, but gives you all you need I think.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      My thoughts on hud:

Do not copy anyone's hud. You will just have a bunch of numbers in your screen, and I bet you won't even use all of them. And different players have different styles of playing and thinking.

Start with minimal hud. Like VPIP/PFR/3BET/hands. Of couse cbet and fold to cbet are pretty basic. And from there, everytime you would need a stat (or you look it from the popup), make a real or mental note. Soon you will see what kind of information you need. And then add a stat. And continue that through the rest of your career.

I like to keep my hud as simple as possible, and then tweak popup for all the information I am needing.

So in short: base the hud on your needs, not on someone else's.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      oh yeah I highly recommend also having WTSD% on the hud. Its very nice for helping you decide whether or not to fire a second barrel.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      I agree with Kyyberi about a simple HUD but I also have:

Flop Continuation Bet % / Fold Flop CBet to Raise % / Fold to Flop CBet %

Plus, if I start buliding up a decent size database at a particular room/limit:

Steal % / 3-bet % / Fold to CBet in a 3-bet pot.

I also don't think you're at a big disadvantage playing up to about PLO25 without a HUD (I play PLO25 on Pokerstars mobile without a HUD and do fine).
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kyyberi
      My thoughts on hud:

Do not copy anyone's hud. You will just have a bunch of numbers in your screen, and I bet you won't even use all of them. And different players have different styles of playing and thinking.

Start with minimal hud. Like VPIP/PFR/3BET/hands. Of couse cbet and fold to cbet are pretty basic. And from there, everytime you would need a stat (or you look it from the popup), make a real or mental note. Soon you will see what kind of information you need. And then add a stat. And continue that through the rest of your career.

I like to keep my hud as simple as possible, and then tweak popup for all the information I am needing.

So in short: base the hud on your needs, not on someone else's.
      I agree with this - great advice.

That being said if anyone still wants my HUD and can tell me how to export it I will try and do that. It's no substitute for getting there on your own though.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      How to export hud settings:

Go to HUD options, select the desired HUD, and click "export". It will save .xml file to your computer. Then give this file to someone, and he goes to HUD options and clicks "import" and voilá!

There is also "import 1.0" option in HEM2, which allows you to import hud settings from HEM1.
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      Oh that's easy! Well anyone who wants it feel free to give me your email address or somewhere I can send the file and i'll be more than happy to give it over.