This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

BR for 18 man 6max SNGs

• Karl0zzz
      Karl0zzz
      Bronze
      Hey SnG guys!

I would like to start my SnG challenge, but I need some guidelines. :f_biggrin:
      Goal is to play 1000 2.50+0.25 18man 6max Sit and Go tournments and to do it profitably :s_biggrin:

1.What kind of BR should i use?

2. Any good articles, videos?

I'm in a hurry right now, i'm sure i'll have more questions and i'll post them later...

Karlozzz :spade:
  • 8 replies
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      150+ buy ins.. maybe even more?
    • Karl0zzz
      Karl0zzz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Spungeh
      150+ buy ins.. maybe even more?
      150bi isn't that br little nitty? 375€ sounds like alot of money..:D
    • VladimirN
      VladimirN
      Bronze
      I use around 100 for 6-man, so for 18-man I guess 300 BI

:coolface:

but seriously, I'd go for like 150-200.
    • Karl0zzz
      Karl0zzz
      Bronze
      With 150bi br, i can play 1k games with ROI of -5... I'm hope that my ROI will be positive :)

And is 1k games enough of a sample to say that i'm a winning player?
    • Karl0zzz
      Karl0zzz
      Bronze
      I think ill change to pokerstars, more traffic and they have 1.5 usd 18 man tourneys... I'm sure that PS has better players than microgaming, but ill give it a shot soon.. with recommended 150 bi brm. $150=€113 so it will be much cheaper for me if i'm gonna SUCK :coolface:

But any good articles, videos or forum threads/blogs?

Karlozzz
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      anything is good really.. a basic knowledge of everything helps the best... but MTTS, Chenny videos.. all very good.
    • Karl0zzz
      Karl0zzz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Spungeh
      anything is good really.. a basic knowledge of everything helps the best... but MTTS, Chenny videos.. all very good.
      Thank ypu I'll take a look!
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Yes, quite of a conversation went around here.

I agree that 150 BI seems reasonable. It depends a lot on your edge over the field, how fast the blind structure is etc.

As for articles and videos, I will suggest you to take a look on this one:

click 1

click 2.

You don't have the status yet, but I am pretty sure you will be able to gain gold status in a flash. Especially with the bonus strategy points involved.
      To give you a bit more info, they are played in a way similar to 9-10-player SnG. Of course, there are some adjustments you have to make, but once again- they are very close to one another.