Bankroll for 6 max turbo sngs?

• martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      Hi, my goal by the autumn is to play the $5s on ipoker at breakeven or above level starting from the autumn. I'll be doing a bit of studying of the format over the summer to give me the confidence and skill required

Do 9 man bankroll "rules" apply here as well? 100+ BI I mean

cheers
  • 5 replies
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      BRM is a must for everything.
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      Yeah, I know - I want to have a 0% risk of ruin. Was planning on having $600 in my account, so around 110 buyins for that level. Would that be enough?
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Short answer: probably yes.

I wouldn't recommend iPoker for 6max turbos under 10$ because of the 20% rake. Think long and hard about this.

100 buy-ins is confy, but it can happen to lose them all if you are only marginally profitable ( with 5% or lower ROI ). Go and sharkscope players of huge volumes on 6max turbos (10kgames+) and see their breakeven and losing stretches.

Assuming you put the rakeback back into your account and you play decent volume you should be fine, IF you beat the 20% rake.

150buy-ins is what i would feel really confortable with and at 200 i would be extremely confident that if i have even 1% roi I won't go broke, even if i don't put the rakeback back into the account.
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      It's 10% rake for the $5 level and above on ipoker, I'm going to withdraw any rakeback above my initial deposit to keep me playing at a level that is suitable for me
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi,

I agree with andreibalint for the most part. What matters a lot in BRM is how profitable you can be in these games, blind structure also matters. Ipoker games are relatively balanced, without the blind level increasement being extreme or anything.

I would suggest 100 BI as a good starting point. Table selection is also a factor, as higher the edge you have over the others, lower your variance will be.