sidekick raises "Identity Protection" error message from AVG Anti-virus software

• VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      The file in question is:
      D:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\0WD6149R.O6T\DJ564KAR.X60\psc.tray_ae4be581da5672a0_0001.0000_none_a045e3cc1db99f94\PSC.Tray.exe

I allowed if for now, but perhaps sidekick is doing things it really shouldn't.

From the Sidekick terms & conditions:
      Notwithstanding Our privacy policy, which you can find here, when using the Software, Your username and password as well as the Kicks you have achieved, including the dates when they have been received and the name of the poker room will be transferred to our server, in order to guarantee the functionality of the Software.
      I suspect that AVG somehow detected that it was sending information.

I'm really curious about what else Sidekick collects and sends.
  • 2 replies
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey VorpalF2F,

yes, PokerStrategy.com SideKick is sending information.

When using the PokerStrategy.com Sidekick, the following data is encrypted and transferred to the PokerStrategy.com server, in order to guarantee the tool's functionality. This includes the encrypted username and password as well as the Kicks achieved, including the dates they were received and the poker room. As this tool uses Google Analytics, anonymous user statistics (such as cookies) are sent to the Google Inc. web analysis service. No hand histories are sent to servers.
      There is nothing to worry about.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      After I posted that, I went beck and re-read the T&C, which you summed up.
      I wonder why AVG flagged it though?
      It didn't the first few times, then once, then not again.