pt3 vs hem vs elephant

• mute20
      Which is the best?? I usually multi table 12+. I am currently using the trial pt3, which seems pretty decent for a lot of tables at 2 nl. I am currently allowed to only use stats aggression/pre flop raise/voluntary put money into pot. I feel these are good stats, but am curious if I could possibly get these for free with elephant?? If I where to buy software, which is better?
  • 3 replies
    • patszerdonk
      If you're using only elementary stats (VPIP, PFR, cbet, fcbet, etc) they all OK for you. But if you are planning to use more advanced stats and post analysis game, Elephant isn't good choice.

Pt3 vs hem is like coke vs pepsi. I personally use pt3.
    • gadget51
      Hi there mute20, how are you?

Why not download the elephant form here: and see what it has to offer you?

If you are quite new to using statistical software, then perhaps you won't need or want a screen full of numbers that mean little to you and are of even less use; therefore, the elephant would suit just fine and it's free. :)

Quite a few stats need a huge sample size to be meaningful and by that time, you will hopefully be playing up the limits anyway! :s_cool:

Best regards,

• Wurble
      IMO, and I don't mean to take anything away from the programmers - Elephant is really quite good for what is essentially a free program but it runs slow once you get a big DB going and just isn't as good as PT\HEM.

If you're going to take this poker thing seriously and you want a stats program then HEM\PT are essential. Which you choose is up to you but I've used both and much prefer HEM :)