This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

"Less emotional when playing live"

• Zareos
      Zareos
      Bronze

I was playing in a home game the other day (came 2nd out of 8... AQs < A10o) and afterwards was told by one person that was playing that I'm quite emotional when playing, apparently I'm very talkative in spots (when I want a call) and then silent in others. Personally, I hadn't noticed this myself but will trust their judgement.

Now, I know this... next game, I'm going to deliberately reverse it! False tells, fuck yeah! :f_love:

I don't mean tilting btw, I'm pretty good at avoiding that, I just mean playing cool in the middle of hands etc.

Just thought I'd ask people here how you stay "cool" when playing live? Do you do a Helmuth face-cover or what not? Do you strip naked when you get pocket Aces to celebrate?

I know there are probably articles on this, but I wanted to ask people's own experiences and wonder if there are any funny stories out there!
  • 5 replies