What the hell is going on here? Please Help!

• sammyboy24
      sammyboy24
      Basic
      Hi everyone I am going to tell you about my experiences with 888 poker over the last week. I hope that some of you will take a minute to have a read and if any of you have any advice for me then I would really appreciate it because at the moment I am so frustrated!

On the 27/02/2012 (last Monday) I bought a new laptop. That evening I played on 888 poker for the first time. I deposited £174.93 to the site and decided to try my luck at the tables. A few hours later I had run well and won quite a bit of cash. I believe, although I cannot remember exactly that my account balance was in excess of £400 (it was in excess of 600 dollars I think). Anyway I had promised myself that if I ran well I was going to cash out so that is exactly what I proceeded to try and do. It wouldn't let me as it said I needed to verify my ID. Therefore I waited until the next day to use the scanner at work and planned to send them a scan of my driver's licence.

On the 28/02/2012 (Tuesday) having got back from work I tried to log in so I could sort out the cashout. I was not allowed- it said my account had been temporarily blocked and that I should check my e-mail for more information. I had no e-mail explaining why when I looked and so I emailed them querying why my account was blocked and when I could expect my money. I got an automated response saying I could expect to wait up to 72 hours for a reply. Over the next few days I sent numerous emails trying to get somebody on their side to have the courtesy to reply to me. I also sent a scan of my driver's licence as I hoped that would encourage them to give me my money.

On Friday 2nd March I noticed that Cassava Enterprises had put £174.93 in my bank account- this is the same amount of money as my initial deposit. I had still received no e-mail from them though explaining when I might expect the rest of my money, or why my account was blocked. By now 72 hours had passed and I was becoming increasingly concerned.

Finally last night (03/03/2012) at 8.22pm I received the following e-mail...

Dear Sam,

I am Dante I. from the Operations Department at Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd. which is part of the 888.com group of companies.

I am contacting you in regards to your 888poker account with username "xxxxxxxxx".

Thank you for the document you uploaded into your account. It was reviewed and cross check in accordance with our security search procedure.

I am pleased to inform you that your driver’s license was successful in the verification check. However, since we have not made an initial request for you to participate in completing our verification process, I can assure you that there is no need for documents at this time. Should a need arise for any further documentation, please note that you will be notified of such via e -mail.

I would like to inform you that Cassava operates operational services for many sites; therefore, if you self excluded from one, this will also affect any new accounts opened on any other site that we own and/or operate.

In light of this, I am afraid that your 888poker account has been blocked and you are respectfully asked to refrain from registering further accounts with sites owned and/or operated by Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd.

Failure to cooperate with these instructions will result in new accounts being immediately blocked upon detection and any successful deposits or accumulated winnings shall not be reimbursed.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
      Kind Regards,

Dante I.
      Operations Department
      Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd
      operations@cassava.net

I literally have no idea what I am meant to do having received this e-mail. I did not self-exclude myself from 888 poker, and as far as I am aware I haven't self-excluded from any site run by Cassava Enterprises. Yet it would seem to me that this is why my account is blocked? Would you guys agree with this assessment? Moreover he makes no mention of the winnings that I have yet to receive? Obviously I e-mailed him back saying all of this and I got the standard automated response saying that I will have to wait up to 72 hours for an answer. This probably means I won't hear from them until next weekend and I am expecting to get some half-arsed answer again and then have to repeat the process over and over until there can be some sort of resolution.

What do you guys recommend doing in this situation? All I want to do is get the rest of my money of the site. I have done a lot of research into 888 over the past few days and all I hear is one horror story followed my another, and I am becoming increasingly concerned that they either won't give me my money or that it is going to take ages to sort out.

Anyway I would massively appreciate any help you might be able to offer me, and I apologize for how long this is but I wanted to set it out as best I could.

Many thanks in advance for any help,

Sam
  • 7 replies
    • sammyboy24
      sammyboy24
      Basic
      Ok people... astonishingly I have had an email come through withing about 20 mins of posting which confirms that I am being paid and it will take 4-7 working days. This website must have some serious pull in the poker world!

Anyway that being said please feel free to close this thread if that is the most suitable thing to do as it looks like my situation has been resolved!

Thanks to anybody who took the time to read this!

Sam
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey Sammy,

Looks like your problem got resolved before I could get a post in :tongue:

Glad it all worked out for you!

888 Support has helped me out alot over the period I've been there, cant say I'm surprised they sorted this out :)

Best of luck winning some more $$ ;)

I'll keep the thread here & open just encase other users come across a similar problem, they will then see that patience is key :]
      Unless you wish me to close.
    • LONGPLAY66
      LONGPLAY66
      Bronze
      no offence intended at all but it's not really in a site's interest for a player to turn up- win a packet then withdraw everything all within a short space of time and potentially not return to the site,maybe that's why they gave you the runaround.

goes without saying that a player has a right to everything he wins but sometimes it's worth looking at things from the site's perspective.
    • VladimirN
      VladimirN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LONGPLAY66
      no offence intended at all but it's not really in a site's interest for a player to turn up- win a packet then withdraw everything all within a short space of time and potentially not return to the site,maybe that's why they gave you the runaround.

goes without saying that a player has a right to everything he wins but sometimes it's worth looking at things from the site's perspective.
      [img]https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTp5vFFMtJd6utqxi-E2xkF3zcKrGnyIJgdNL9iPylq_1At44lH[/img]
    • LONGPLAY66
      LONGPLAY66
      Bronze
      lol but yeah, it's ok to see things from a site's point of view.....occasionally :tongue:
    • pieal
      pieal
      Bronze
      ya thats happened with u may be becoz u cashed out all ur money :P :P i did cashout within 3 hours of my 1st deposit.. but i just cashed out the amount i deposited and kept the winning... they never asked for any documents. i got my money with in 3 days.. and after that i cashed out 3-4 times evryday ... i verified my account in the mean time with documents... no problem with me :) i get my money in time...
      things r not fair for some people sometime :)
    • darkod80
      darkod80
      Global
      From my experience with them ,888 support is simply the worst support I had to deal with :f_mad: . However posting the problem with them here often helps.