Motivate me, motivate you

• mawaykid
      mawaykid
      Bronze
      Hi guys, I am maway from PT/BR community and I play nl10 sh in microgaming.

I want to become a pro/semi-pro. And learn English( the first language will dominate)
      Decided to create this blog to help me achieve my goals and keep me motivated and disciplined and discuss some strategy.

with this blog, I want:
      :spade: Beat nl200
      :spade: Learn English

This is 10 percent luck, 20 percent skill 
      15 percent concentrated power of will 
      5 percent pleasure, 50 percent pain 
      And a hundred percent reason to remember the name! 

So I will work hard in coming months to achieve these goals.

Originally posted by TwiceT
      it's all about commitment, dedication and self evaluation.

Ps: I write with my friend google.translate. sorry for grammar errors.
  • 12 replies
    • mawaykid
      mawaykid
      Bronze
      for March
      - Play 180hours ( 4 tables only)
      - Read Easy Game V1 e 2
      - Read "The Poker Mindset"
      - create and follow a schedule
      - improve my poker skills xD
      - make a habit of regulary practicing sport

for this week
      - Create a scheadule (will greatly help to organize my time and make me for more volume)
      - Play 42 (do three sessions of two hours per day)
      - Study theory 2 hours per day ( easy game, and watch some videos)
      - Post Hands (mark all the hands that I felt I had doubts or difficulties and review them and post those that are necessary)
      - go run 5 times
      - not look at the graph or cashier until the next week (do not know if I'm winning or losing will make me just focus on playing well)

I also come here to post some thoughts have been doing about my game, strategy and some hands.

If you are stimulated by what you do, you never get tired - Nelson Mandela
      many things to do so let's go..

Is really funny quote things :f_biggrin:
    • any2just4u
      any2just4u
      Bronze
      GL kid. (y)
    • paulocas
      paulocas
      Bronze
      go go go my friend
    • summermonkey
      summermonkey
      Bronze
      Thanks for visiting my blog! Will be following yours too! Haha.. Good luck at microgaming! Its softer then stars and software is decent. BUT, it made me feel poker is rigged. Hopefully it treats you far better!
    • mawaykid
      mawaykid
      Bronze
      I played only ~36hours. tuesday I drink a few cups with firends all afternoon and then had Benfica game.. one day grind wasted, but the Benfica won the day which made profitable xD
      Also studied little theory :/
      I posted some hands in the forum, but not as many as had, and was run 5 times this week, and did not know whether it was uo or down until now.

I played in several sessions 6 tables..

-----
      For this week I want to keep the same goals as last week and use one hour per day to read / study hands in the forum hands and also post here interesting hands to be discussed.

I created in my head a ideal scheadule, starting from tomorrow I will start applying it and go adjusting as necessary ...then go to sleep to wake up 9am

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments - Jim Rohn
    • mawaykid
      mawaykid
      Bronze
      I was reading the Chapter Seven: Table Dinamics od Easy Game v1, and I found myself to do some filters in my database and make some assumptions I would like to discuss with you guys.

---

NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer

Hero ($10)
      CO ($5.64) 97/8 55%f2cbet(22) and 45%wtsd(93) ~100h
      BTN ($18.89) reg 22/19 iso 25% from late pos, 67%f23bet and 86%cbet( but gives up a lot in turn)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, CO calls $0.10, BTN raises to $0.40, fold, Hero ???

---
      In this case the fish hate fold any hand pre and pos flop, and the reg isolate with a wide range IP vs him, so we can 3b QJ for value vs fish and
      make a reg fold, play a hu pot with initiative vs a poor player. But he is very spewy so the initiative is not very interested.(If a reg do 4b we have a easy fold) so I think is better call, and play single raised pot and when we hit we lead for value, do u agrre with me?

So let's make this more interesting and make some assumptions.
      (this hand is just one example, my goal is to discuss general spots, what ranges are good or not and how they change as the dynamics of the table)

- We dont care about stack fish, If he are full stack as to change our approach? and if have 35bb or less?
      imo, if he is short we can 3b a winder range to do 3b/call vs fish like as ATs+,AJs+,KJ+,77+ and fold hands like 66- and SC, and call or fold with mediun hands. 100bb deeps we can call alot SC and small PP, but I do not know what should be the approach with good BWs AQ/KQ/AJ..

- If the reg folds like 55%- to 3bet? or fold 80%+ ?
      Hands like KQ/AJ is a nice 3b for value vs both if reg fold 55%- right? and if he fold alot still good 3b JJ/TT/AQ ??

- If the reg opens from CO and fish calls on BU? And from MP?
      I think in this case we 3bet more hands for value to isolate the fish and collect the dead money from reg. Again this range ATs+,AJs+,KJ+,77+ seems good to isolate the fish. The sooner the open raise more tighter our range. What are some good reference values ​​here? If reg open 15% from mp and fish call? and 18%?

I think it is enough to start a good discussion about strategy also make some assumptions that you find interesting, so lets talk!
    • mawaykid
      mawaykid
      Bronze
      Hey guys, this week I pulled back the level of discipline I want to achieve.
      Wednesday I went to roam all day, and today I'm a huge hangover and not sit at the tables. Then only 4.5 days were productive..

So only play 28.5 hours and run 4 times this week..
      But one positive thing is that I apply the knowledge of Easy Game and other random articles in my database improving the absorption of this theory and my game.

I have not read The poker mindset. Not because I think I have an excellent mindset, I'm far from it, but I think I have a much better midset than technical skills, so I will then focus more on studying strategy.

In the days to stick to my schedule I noticed that I gained a lot of time, this time he used to surf the net or doing other useless things..

Today, when I looked the graph I was a little glad to be up, but it is a feeling that I want to avoid and I will continue working on it until I became totally indifferent..

For this week, the same goals, following the scheadule(and reducing more and more the time spent on useless things), go running, not see results until the next Sunday, study theory/database hands/posted hands.. , play 6h/day with maximum focus and always be thinking while playing( if I fold 72o from instead of fold and point(.) I fold and I think that the range can open in this position according to table characteristics.
      And force me to assign a range to the villan in each single hand!

Originally said by Aristotle
      Quality is not an act, it is a habit.
    • mawaykid
      mawaykid
      Bronze
      Hey guys, this week has been horrible in terms of productivity.
      I played and studied almost nothing.. (3.5k of hands played-5.5bi up- and review some hands..)
      Some dinners, some drikings and moments of laziness and hangovers contributed to this. And friday /saturday I was in Lisbon to see one of my favorite bands

----

for this week
      -fallow the scheadule
      - Play 42 (do three sessions of two hours per day)
      - end study easy game, and watch some videos, post hands, read the other hands posted..
      -assign a range to the villan in each single hand
      - go run 5 times
      - not know the results

To become a professional I have to work hard and especially to give up certain things that I like to do but pull me away from my goal (alcohol, sugar, series / movies, smoke..)
      So work well this week to make the move up in next week.
      Jump up!

To be ready at any moment to sacrifice what you are for what you could become - Charles Dickens
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Go, go, go! :f_biggrin: Will follow you :f_cool:
    • mawaykid
      mawaykid
      Bronze
      Month not go as I expected.
      I think I've created very high expectations and unrealistic.
      I'll plan small and realistic goals day to day, and stop posting here it has no great interest to those who read.

for March
      - Play 180hours ( 4 tables only) - Only 107 hours.
      - Read Easy Game V1 e 2 - Not finished yet, but also start read/mixed verneer and fee's books.
      - Read "The Poker Mindset" - nothing..
      - create and follow a schedule - created but not fallowed
      - improve my poker skills - I noticed that I'm progressing day by day.. slowly.. very slowly
      - make a habit of regulary practicing sport - great and good improvement here
      I compesate the lack of dedication and discipline with reasonable results, and already mix one nl20 table on grind.

No quote today, gl guys!
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Very nice graph :f_grin:
    • mawaykid
      mawaykid
      Bronze
      Hey, I will post here regulary.

So April was one month not very productive.. not at all
      I play only 47hours, 18k, 11bi down( 12bi below ev), low study and very little evolution...
      .. and play nlhu 50 and 100 drunk, and lose ~1/3 of my br (~270€)
      learned the lesson: alcohol + crazy grind = shit

I will stop making posts with my goals. I think it is not very interesting for those who read, and I end up getting unmotivated by not achieving the goals.
      Instead I will post hands history and or some theory that lit up my mind.
      I think anyone who read this thing like to see a graph, then I'll post one at the end of the week.