Lumonster

• Lumonster
      Lumonster
      Bronze
      Hi

I´m 38 years old. I´m coming from Slovenia, and I´m playing poker for obout 4 years now. I have started with limit fool ring game and now I´m playing BSS max 6.
      Poker is fun and I like it. I want to inprove my game and become an expert.

I want to earn money for easy live.

Sorry for my eanglis.
  • 10 replies
    • Lumonster
      Lumonster
      Bronze
      Lesson 1 Homework

1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      To earn mone and have a great time

2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      Too musch of them. Tilting too much. I can´t fold and go to showdown too much.

What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      That mean, I´m playing only good hands agresive from position only.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.
    • Lumonster
      Lumonster
      Bronze
      Lesson 2 homework

1.What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?
      -I think it is posible to play diferent all pocket pair from midle and late position even if a limper is infront of you. You rase and than on flop make count. bet
      Most of the time you force opponet to fold or you get free card on turn.
      - if more limpers is infront of you you can call on late position JTo+ nad 45s+
      - Blind steling. If boath players and tight and like to fold you can rase with Ax
      Kxs, some conctors...

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.
      I have post it.

3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.
      Equity is: 46,32% against 53,68%
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Playing PPs can be in long run be very profitable, we could even say that you earn the most money with them. You can always try out either you play them profitable or not by check the programs either you are doing great on early position with PPs or not and base according to that. And of course we are talking about isolating with them. :)

Totally agree with you about the stealing ranges. They can be very easily be balanced with even wider range. Depending on the opponent you can as well put a wider stealing range. Against some tight opponents who give up their blinds either preflop or postflop, why not to adjust? Against some shorties you can even steal with smaller raise, for example 3xBB. But don't overdo the stealing situations. Sometimes you might just put yourself into too many difficult spots if opening with marginal hands.

Isolating can be very profitable actually since people on lower stakes take the fast and easy line by just Fit/Folding too much. With that you will earn in long run a lot profit. Which means you can isolate with even wider range, sometimes even with the all range which you planned to limp.

About Question #3:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1  53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Oh and by the way I merged your previous thread, please us the same thread over and over again so you will have all homeworks in one thread. :)

Hopefully you enjoy the Course so far.
    • Lumonster
      Lumonster
      Bronze
      Lesson 3

Question 0: Download and install the Equilab : Done!

Question 1: You are holding KQ. What is your preflop equity against an opponent who has 33? How does the equity change on this flop: J53? (Tip: you can use the Equilab to help you with this task.)

Equity Win Tie
      MP2 50.78% 50.40% 0.38% KsQs
      MP3 49.22% 48.84% 0.38% 3d3c

Equity Win Tie
      MP2 5.86% 5.86% 0.00% KsQs
      MP3 94.14% 94.14% 0.00% 3d3c

Question 2: What would you do in the following hand? (Remember that it is important to explain your reasons, simply posting "Fold" or "Call" isn't enough!)
      No Limit hold'em $2 (9-handed)
      Players and stacks:
      UTG: $2.00
      UTG+1: $2.08
      MP1: $1.92
      MP2: $1.00
      MP3: $3.06
      CO: (Hero) $2.08
      BU: $2.00
      SB: $2.00
      BB: $1.24
      Preflop: Hero is CO with AJ
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BU calls $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06.
      Flop: ($0.25) 263 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.
      Turn: ($0.25) 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.22, BU raises to $0.44, BB folds, Hero...?

I think fold
      He is probably holding 55,33-22,6s6c,A4s,75s-74s,A4o

And Eqity are not good for me.
      Equity Win Tie
      MP2 21.98% 19.75% 2.23% AcJc
      MP3 78.02% 75.78% 2.23% 55, 33-22, 6s6c, A4s, 75s-74s, A4o

Question 3: Do you have questions about your postflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.
      1. A9 $0.02/$0.04 No Limit
      2. $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em
      3. KQo $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #3 Done!

About Question #1:
      Preflop Equity:

Equity Win Tie
      UTG 50.78% 50.40% 0.38% { KsQs }
      UTG+1 49.22% 48.84% 0.38% { 3d3c }

Postflop Equity:

Board: J:spade: 5:diamond: 3:spade:
      Equity Win Tie
      UTG 26.46% 26.46% 0.00% { KsQs }
      UTG+1 73.54% 73.54% 0.00% { 3d3c }

About Question #2:
      There are several occasions on turn:
      a) If we take just odds for the FD and we take into account that all our odds are clean. Which means:
      Total Pot = $0,91 ; We have to Call = $0,22 -> According to that it means we are getting ~4,16:1 odds. For flushdraw we would need 4:1. Which tells us that we are getting perfect odds.
      b) If we consider the opponent having sets here:
      Which means we have to discount outs, for example 6 and also 3. Which means we have 7 clean outs so that means we need 6:1 odds. That tells us that we need ~$0,41 on river to make it profitable. If we expect the opponent being loose enough and being able to pay us no-matter what then we can do the Call here properly.
      c) We might even have overcards as outs or even 4 as a out:
      Although this kind of situation ain't that likely. I'd rather discount that one and either pick a) or b). Most likely towards Call.

You are doing great progress, keep going!
    • Lumonster
      Lumonster
      Bronze
      Homework Lesson 4

Question 1: Post a hand for evaluation in which you have the initiative postflop.
      $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash

Question 2: Evaluate one of the hands submitted by other members.

NL5 Awkward 2pair river
      - Preflop bet should be biger than only 3BB
      - Flop: corect Cbet
      - Turn: Corect bet because he got 2 pairs
      - River: he should bet 1/2 size of a pot. I think he was having an Ax. I´m shure his not having a :club: flas. He would also show more agresion on tur if he hold pocket 2 or 9

Question 3: You are on the flop with KQ. The board cards are J, 9, 8, and your opponent holds 77. What is your equity in this spot?

http://www.pokerstrategy.com
      Board: 8hJs9c
      Equity Win Tie
      UTG 41.41% 41.41% 0.00% { KsQd }
      UTG+1 58.59% 58.59% 0.00% { 7h7c }
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #4 Done!

This weeks homework was a bit easier. But the idea of that is to help you go through last weeks stuff if you didn't go through everything. Or either way maybe even read some more articles, watch some videos and of course attend in the coaching. What will also help for your game is the evaluation part of other members hands and of course posting your own hands.

If you have interests you could try calculating the equity with a formula which you can use even on tables(either playing online or live poker):
      (Amount of outs x 4) – (Amount of outs – 8) = Your Equity

About Question #3:

Board: J:spade: 9:club: 8:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    41.41%  41.41%   0.00% { KsQd }
      UTG+1  58.59%  58.59%   0.00% { 7h7c }

Hopefully this wasn't too easy homework for you.
    • Lumonster
      Lumonster
      Bronze
      Homework Lesson 5

Question 1: Post a hand for evaluation where you have based your decisions on the stats of your opponents.

A-10h on BB

MP3 rased 3BB all other player folded. I was on BB holding A-10s
      Based on MP3 studs I have desidet to re-raise
      MP3 studs knowing 105 hands are: WPIP:10/ PFR:8/ Fold to C-bet:67

He is wery tight and I have providet he will fold after my re-raise or on my C-bet
      Also flop was good for me so easy c-bet. And as I said he foldet.

Question 2: Evaluate one of the hands submitted by other members.
      NL5 QQ Bad play or suckout/badbeat?

I think that hero paly was bad play.
      On a preflop hero shoud 3-bet 0,30$ - and MP3 would probably fold. I this case he did´t protect his QQ hand
      On the flop He should bet at least 3/4 of the pot. Pot size is even better.
      This was too pasiv play

Question 3: Consider the following situation:
      $10 NL Hold'em (7-handed)

Stacks & Stats:
      UTG ($10)
      MP ($8)
      MP2 ($9)
      CO ($10)
      Hero($10)
      SB ($10) (17/13/2.6/24/1212) [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/Hands]
      BB ($10) (27/9/2.0/29/333) [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/Hands]

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6 , 7
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.40, BB calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.20) 3 , 3 , T (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.20) J (3 players)
      SB bets $1.00, BB calls $1.00, Hero...

What action would you take, and why?
      I would call. Flash is too strong to fold and to week for re-raise. Foolhouse or stronger flash can be present.
      Equity Win Tie
      BU 75.75% 75.75% 0.00% 7d6d
      SB 12.15% 11.91% 0.24% 66, A7s-A5s, Q9s, KTo, QTo
      BB 12.10% 11.87% 0.24% 77-55, A9s-A2s, K9s-K5s, QTs-Q8s, J8s+, T8s+, 98s, ATo-A7o, KJo-K9o, Q9o+, JTo

But I have question. Would not it be better C-bet on the flop?

Question 4: Consider the following situation:

$10 NL Hold'em (8-handed)

Stacks & Stats
      UTG ($8)
      MP ($10)
      MP2 ($9)
      MP3 ($6)
      Hero ($10)
      BU ($10) (25/21/3.8/26/1250) [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/Hands]
      SB ($10)
      BB ($10)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J , J
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU 3-bets to $1.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.30

Flop: ($2.75) 6 , 9 , T (2 players)
      Hero...

What action would you take, and why?
      Check/reis

He is a loose/agresive player and he would re-raiseed me on the flop and I´m shure that he will bet on flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good Job! Homework #5 Done!

About Task #3
      It's a very close decision: does protection or pot control weigh heavier here? Do you want to protect against hands like 3x or A:dx and K:dx? Or do you want to control the pot size and try to induce a bluff on the river in case there is no T, no J and no additional ?

Raise/fold is out of question - with the given pot size and the good made hand you have, it can't even be considered.

In case you decide to go broke, you can't really be blamed either. It's not a sign of weakness that the rather tight small blind decides to bet into two people here, though. I would say a call is to be slightly favored, while the many outs against you are annoying. The big blind who calls rather loosely speaks in favor of a raise/broke again. Both options are finally considered equal, which shows - all things considered - how close and full of variance these spots really are.

About Task #4
      You've called pre-flop and then hit a good board. You basically have two choices now: either you assume that your opponent will go broke loosely or puts you on a bluff often and you thus check/raise - or you play check/call in the spirit of way ahead / way behind. The problem with the latter is that there are a lot of cards you don't want to see in the later course of the hand. All in all, it depends on your balancing as both lines make sense under certain circumstances.

A check/fold would be really pointless, of course. It's hard to say whether you should donk-bet here; donk/fold can be discarded as that would turn your hand into a pure bluff and your opponent would interpret this as weakness and start raising you out of flops with hands like AK/AQ/air. So, if you want to donk-bet, it has to be a donk/3-bet.

Good luck on tables and with the Course.