[NL2-NL10] this is how to play 69o oop. my fave hand. NL5

• ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      my fave hand. i had to play it at least once tonight.
      im such a fish and am going to get ridiculed but oh well..heeres how to extract from a fish once you hit. i played it like he had a 6 in his hand to extract max value when he cannot lay down this straight. my preflop stats are also like 54/28 cuz ive been just playing controlled chaos tonight. no i am not on tilt btw. i just feel like playing a loose style tonight and getting paid big when i hit and seeing if i have any good extraction skills.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $6.73
      BB:
      $13.52
      MP2:
      $14.42
      Hero:
      $13.21
      BU:
      $2.44

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9:heart: , 6:club:
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, CO folds, BU calls $0.10, SB calls $0.08, BB calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.50) 7:club: , 5:spade: , 4:diamond: (5 players)
      SB bets $0.2, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, BU folds.

Turn: ($1.10) 8:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.05, MP2 raises to $0.65, Hero raises to $3.00, SB folds, MP2 calls $2.35.

River: ($7.15) J:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1.95, Hero raises to $9.91 (All-In), MP2 calls $7.96.

Final Pot: $26.97

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows (6h 5c)
      Hero shows a straight, nine high (9h 6c)

Hero wins with a straight, nine high (9h 6c)
  • 11 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ilovemagic,

Preflop: FOLD!!! Don't even want to comment the sentence of yours that your favorite hand and you wanted to play. Switch your favorite hand to AA. :D

As played
      Postflop: Not much to comment as long you managed to hit big time which wont happen enough while you will rather lose the money more often with some bad plays.

Best Regards.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      :( how can i make my fave hand AA ?

Don't implied odds + my edge on the fish as far as post flop play goes justify playing a flop here despite the hand even being my fave hand? (i was 1 tabling because he was sitting directly to my right with over 200BB)
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      so, you're saying that if you're deepstacked, IP against fish, you can play any two?
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      oh god i dont know im still learning the game.

i like to play as many pots vs someone i feel i have a good edge on postflop tho. its just implied odds man.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ilovemagic
      oh god i dont know im still learning the game.

i like to play as many pots vs someone i feel i have a good edge on postflop tho. its just implied odds man.
      That's a common problem. :P Lets play as many pots as we can, lets win as many pots as we can, lets be maniacs and then just lose all the money during downswing period which was made from hard work while having an upswing.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      crap..
      thats what i am afraid of. how many people does this happen to man?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      crap..
      thats what i am afraid of. how many people does this happen to man?
      Mostly to everyone who starts to play poker, either you are too loose or either to are too tight. :D
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      fair enough then. from this point going forward I will only play suited 6-9 IP then, and only if im opening the pot or calling a min raise. does this make sense?
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      don't play 69 at all. Unless you're trying to steal from very tight blinds. Are you familiar with starting hands chart?
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      yes im very familiar with starting hands chart. im a winning player at nl2 and 5 now because of all this training. i just tend to gamble it up a bit sometimes. i dont use that chart anymore. i just used it when i was beginning to get serious. now i have evolved my own style that works and wins.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      fair enough then. from this point going forward I will only play suited 6-9 IP then, and only if im opening the pot or calling a min raise. does this make sense?
      Well, till you play them profitable yes, you can always widen up your range if you do so.