PLO25@PokerStars

• santapark
      santapark
      Bronze
      Hello!

This is another crazy Fin messing with you in PokerStars PLO25 tables. I hereby announce my project which will be my last serious attempt for online poker and if it doesn't work out, then I might consider doing something else with my spare time, since this IS just a hobby for me and not have been a source of any significant income in any point.

I have been playing poker since ~2006 and started with some casual 5-10e NLHE sit'n'go tournaments with friends. We started to play cash games after first year with 0.10e blinds and we are still doing that but now also playing PLO/Pineapple and some other poker variants.

I started playing online poker (NLHE) around 2008 and started from NL50, quickly losing my first few deposits (deposited like 50e once, didn't have any clue of bankroll management). After that I studied some more and started of from NL10 and grinded up to NL30 in which point it got boring and I didn't do so well anymore.

I took a break for a year and a half (only from online poker, still playing live games with friends), but then I got interested in PLO (around 2010) and started playing it from PLO2. I managed to rise some levels up to PLO10. After summer break, I started short stacking PLO50 and doing OK with rakeback. Short stacking was getting boring so I started to play PLO50 with full stacks since I had made a proper bankroll for it. Needless to say it didn't go so well and I stopped quickly and thought what to do next.

I still had very comfortable bankroll for lower limits, so I ended up cashing out some of my roll and deposited rest of it to PokerStars and decided to learn playing with full stacks again in PLO25. I have now played 20k hands there, down ~12BI but BE with bonuses. I also decided to take 4h of coaching which have been very helpful so far and now joined PokerStrategy and trying to improve my game further.

So, my project is to play 60-100k hands of PLO25 in next three months that I'm a member in PokerStrategy and if I show decent profit after that, I will move up and continue. I will then also continue this blog and PokerStrategy membership. If I fail, I will just buy Skyrim. If I fail Skyrim and take arrow to the knee, I will wait for Diablo 3 for some serious grinding. How about that?

Wish me luck!

-Santapark
  • 25 replies
    • santapark
      santapark
      Bronze
      I decided to review my last session every time I start a new one to remind me some of the biggest mistakes, so I would NOT make those same mistakes again in upcoming session. I will post some hands of mine here when ever I have time and motivation to do it. Here is couple of biggest mistakes from yestorday..

1. http://wt.ag/AElECs
      Villain is new (for me at least) reg, multitabling and having stats of VPIP 24%, PFR 17% and 3-bet 2%. Seems to play very fit or fold style postflop and haven't been caught from any big moves before what I've seen (175 hands). Big mistake to re-raise this flop, when there is no draws to be afraid and I only make him fold worst hands like dry AAxx, Kxxx, top2 or even bottom set and ofc. all of his bluffs (I have 63% CB so he might have picked this up and could raise me lighter on this dry flop). Would be much better to just call his raise and lead or check-raise on turn depending on what card comes. Against fish, we can get it in on that flop against top2 or so, but not against this villain. What do you think?

2. http://wt.ag/xtmia0
      This hand got me confused. Villain is very laggy (61/25/12, 127 hands), CB on flop only 38% and he don't like folding flops but have been very agressive on turn (3.2) and river(7). I'm calling with pretty speculative hand, but I think against this opponent it is OK. Should I raise this flop every time against this opponent for protection&value? Turn is kinda tough spot now, I still don't think I can ever fold against this opponent since he will continue betting with wide range after I just call that flop. There is room to call here and leave one pot size bet for river, so is call also option here or even better than getting it in? He does have 7 in his range too. I would certainly be more happy if my 3 :diamond: would be 8/9 or any over card really. I have to make some eq calculations about this later with pro poker tools, but might need some help reading his hand range correctly here. Any thoughts?

3. http://wt.ag/yQgPAI
      Very bad play from me against LAG but thinking reg (42/20/14). There is no sense in my check-raise on that flop, since I would usually always lead with a straight or 2p+FD type of hands and also top set. We hit bottom set on turn, but still don't know where we are. I would also bet bigger (7.5-pot) on turn with my whole betting range so there was also kinda betsize tell. I don't know is it better to check that turn against this villain or bet. He will check behind all his 2p and drawing hands and river pairing any of the flop cards or heart will make me wanna fold our hand. Any comments?
    • santapark
      santapark
      Bronze
      Yestordays graph:

rungood..
    • jackinbeat
      jackinbeat
      Bronze
      Would wonder why you call with 10 3 in the second hand posted, seems really spewy even with reads on an opponent. Would like to know why you played it?

Also it says PLO, but the re-player showed only 2 cards, did it miss something, could be an answer to my first question maybe?

Interested as I play same PLO levels.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Hero has T367 there.

See you guys in the tables :)

P.S. I wouldn't call with that hand against aggro. You will hit a ton of weak hands and you don't know if you are ahead or behind, should you fold, call or get value etc. Instead you should tighten your ranges a little.
    • santapark
      santapark
      Bronze
      Monday was, hmm.. Monday. Very bad run in 3-bet pots, getting set over set couple of times in draw heavy boards or just flipping most of the time (which I obv. lost 6/7). Couple of times when I got it in good, it was against some short stacks etc. Well, that happens in PLO but I know couple buy-ins could have been saved playing better. Only one total donation by me, but even that is too much if those happens too often.

I was looking about how much rake I have paid and if my HEM is calculating rake correctly, it has been around ~15-16bb/100 so far in PLO25 (~22k hands). Seems less than I paid playing @ Ongame/iPoker. I'm still clearing my first deposit bonus for PokerStars and with that I'm getting nearly 40% 'rakeback' with deposit bonus, stellar rewards and VIP bonuses (Gold VIP). I'm pretty sure I'm getting Platinum VIP level this month.

I don't really know if I should put up more volume playing more tables, since now I only play four at once. There seems to be couple of regulars in PLO25 who are 9-12 tabling with 19-20% VPIP, but I'm not sure I could make profit that way. I sure need to tighten my ranges anyway, specially from early position. I'm still playing too much from blinds\UTG.

I was also planning to record some video clips about me playing 4 tables of PLO25 so people could comment my play and point out obvious leaks from my game. Good luck at the tables! :f_cool:
    • pokeraras
      pokeraras
      Bronze
      subscribed. I'm a novice and starting at PLO2 :)

GL
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Get diamond status, and we will make a session review video for you in the Finnish VIP-area. :)
    • santapark
      santapark
      Bronze
      Got my new display today! Took some time to setup my table again and needed to test it with some games first.. :)

Seems this is also pretty nice for multitabling (like 12 tables max), tried 6-8 tables and that was pretty OK. At least I got +EV session now but still made couple of bad plays. EV up 44 dollars, but result -17 dollars down. Heres couple of hands.

#1 Our villain is a tight-passive preflop (30\6\2) but seemed to spew a lot postflop. This was his first 3-bet, so I put him to AAxx. We are little deeper so I will see the flop HU and call. His CB% was 67, so I raise flop and eventually get it in. Sometimes he will have like AAxx with FD and we are pretty much dead, but I thought he could fold dry AAxx here. Well, he didn't but at least we were favourite. Any comments if this is OK when we know we are facing AAxx like always (preflop call)?

Poker Stars $25.00 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $37.59
      BB: $21.10
      UTG: $24.60
      CO: $54.91
      Hero (BTN): $28.55

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with 3:spade: 2:diamond: 9:club: K:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB raises to $2.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.25) 3:diamond: 4:diamond: 6:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.00, Hero raises to $11.01, SB raises to $35.09, Hero calls $15.04 all in

Turn: ($57.35) Q:heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($57.35) 7:club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $57.35
      SB shows A:spade: 9:spade: A:heart: J:spade:
      Hero shows 3:spade: 2:diamond: 9:club: K:diamond:
      SB wins $46.31
      (Rake: $2.00)

#2 Next hand is otherwise pretty standard, but I make horrible mistake on that flop. When villain donks this flop multiway he won't ever fold. All one pair hands with FD and/or straight draw has us in bad shape. I just should have folded this and be happy about it.

Hero (BTN): $49.86
      SB: $41.73
      BB: $23.31
      UTG: $10.00
      CO: $33.01

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with A:spade: A:diamond: 3:club: 5:diamond:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.85, Hero raises to $2.90, 1 fold, BB calls $2.65, CO calls $2.05

Flop: ($8.80) 2:heart: 5:heart: 7:club: (3 players)
      BB bets $5.88, CO folds, Hero raises to $26.04, BB calls $14.53 all in

Turn: ($49.62) K:club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($49.62) 6:diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $49.62 Hero mucks A:spade: A:diamond: 3:club: 5:diamond: , BB shows J:diamond: J:spade: 7:heart: 2:spade: BB wins $47.62(Rake: $2.00)

#3 Table full of passive fishes, I just limp behind and hit flop hard. On that turn we are behind most of the time, but we pick up nutFD and pot odds are so great that we need to get rest of it in. Even with just a set I need to get rest of it in.

Poker Stars $25.00 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 6 players

BTN: $12.15
      SB: $23.97
      BB: $11.86
      UTG: $7.28
      MP: $52.76
      Hero (CO): $31.49

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with 4:club: A:diamond: T:heart: T:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.25, BTN calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, BB checks

Flop: ($1.25) 2:diamond: 9:heart: T:spade: (5 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $1.19, UTG calls $1.19, Hero raises to $5.95, BTN calls $5.95, SB folds, BB calls $4.76, UTG calls $4.76

Turn: ($25.05) K:diamond: (4 players)
      BB bets $5.66, UTG calls $1.08 all in, Hero raises to $12, BTN folds

River: ($37.45) Q:heart: (3 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $37.45 BB shows Q:spade: 4:heart: J:spade: 3:spade: , UTG shows 4:diamond: J:diamond: 8:diamond: K:spade: , Hero shows 4:club: A:diamond: T:heart: T:diamond: , BB wins $13.51 UTG wins $13.51(Rake: $1.69)

#4 Getting it in good!

UTG: $37.42
      MP: $23.35
      CO: $23.00
      Hero (BTN): $25.00
      SB: $25.00
      BB: $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with A:diamond: T:diamond: A:heart: 2:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB raises to $2.50, BB calls $2.25, Hero raises to $10, 1 fold, BB calls $7.50

Flop: ($22.50) Q:diamond: K:heart: 2:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $15.00, BB calls $15

Turn: ($52.50) 6:club: (2 players)

River: ($52.50) A:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $52.50 Hero shows A:diamond: T:diamond: A:heart: 2:heart: , BB shows 6:diamond: 8:heart: 9:diamond: 7:heart: Hero wins $50.50(Rake: $2.00)

#5 Preflop raiser is 77/32/9. His CB is over 50% and I wan't to keep another fish in the pot (he was never folding anything and would call with flush and straights on paired boards etc.) so I just called flop. Usually I don't like slowplaying, but IP and against this fish I like it to get max value.

SB: $53.31
      BB: $28.76
      UTG: $31.51
      MP: $2.15
      CO: $37.96

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with T:diamond: T:spade: 6:diamond: K:spade:
      UTG raises to $0.55, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.55, SB calls $0.45, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.90) T:club: 3:heart: 3:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG bets $1.26, Hero calls $1.26, SB calls $1.26

Turn: ($5.68) A:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $2.00, SB calls $2, UTG calls $2

River: ($11.68) 2:club: (3 players)
      SB bets $6.00, UTG folds, Hero raises to $21.19, SB calls $15.19

Final Pot: $54.06 Hero shows T:diamond: T:spade: 6:diamond: K:spade: , SB mucks 7:spade: Q:club: A:club: 9:diamond: Hero wins $52.06(Rake: $2.00)

#6 Biggest pot of the day. I don't know how bad my preflop play is when this reg 4-bets here only AAxx. When shortstack calls his 4-bet I still decided to see the flop if we get any help, leaving ~pot behind. On that flop, we need to go for it, but still don't think our preflop play wasn't good.

Hero (BTN): $34.05
      SB: $36.22
      BB: $34.75
      UTG: $8.31
      MP: $2.80
      CO: $35.22

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with 6:club: K:spade: J:spade: K:club:
      UTG raises to $0.85, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.90, 1 fold, BB raises to $9.65, UTG calls $7.46 all in, Hero calls $6.75

Flop: ($27.71) 3:club: 8:club: 2:diamond: (3 players - 1 is all in)
      BB bets $25.10, Hero calls $24.40 all in

Turn: ($76.51) 8:spade: (3 players - 2 are all in)

River: ($76.51) 4:club: (3 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: $76.51 Hero shows 6:club: K:spade: J:spade: K:club:, BB shows T:spade: A:club: 5:heart: A:diamond: , UTG mucks T:club: Q:heart: K:diamond: J:club: Hero wins $23.90(Rake: $1.30)

Thats all folks, back to tables tomorrow! :f_p:

edit: fixed spoiler tags finally..
    • santapark
      santapark
      Bronze
      Had to add couple more hands..

#7 Folding bottom set. Easy fold actually.

CO: $32.86
      BTN: $28.35
      SB: $14.40
      Hero (BB): $39.14
      UTG: $27.12

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with 9:spade: 6:club: 2:heart: 2:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.25, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.00) 3:club: T:heart: 2:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.96, UTG raises to $3, BTN folds, SB raises to $10.92, Hero folds, UTG raises to $18.84, SB calls $3.23 all in

Turn: ($30.26) A:diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($30.26) A:club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $30.26 SB shows 4:club: J:diamond: T:club: T:diamond: , UTG shows 9:heart: 3:heart: 3:spade: 8:heart: SB wins $28.90(Rake: $1.36)

#8 Hmm.. interesting line from our villain

BTN: $24.65
      SB: $8.55
      Hero (BB): $34.51
      UTG: $15.00
      MP: $28.42
      CO: $23.31

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with J:club: K:heart: A:spade: T:spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.85, 1 fold, SB calls $0.75, Hero raises to $3.40, CO calls $2.55, SB calls $2.55

Flop: ($10.20) T:diamond: 3:spade: Q:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7.00, CO calls $7, SB folds

Turn: ($24.20) 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $23.11, CO folds

Final Pot: $24.20
      Hero wins $23.11
      (Rake: $1.09)

#9 Dunno if opening this hand is good from UTG. Regular that 3-bets doesn't do it so wide, so it is mostly AAxx heavy. Flipflop.

Hero (UTG): $71.33
      MP: $43.09
      CO: $25.00
      BTN: $21.36
      SB: $6.90
      BB: $32.94

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with 2:club: Q:club: K:heart: J:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.85, 1 fold, CO raises to $2.90, BTN calls $2.90, 2 folds, Hero calls $2.05

Flop: ($9.05) 3:diamond: T:club: J:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $8.64, CO raises to $22.10, BTN calls $18.46 all in, Hero calls $13.46

Turn: ($71.71) 9:diamond: (3 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($71.71) 6:diamond: (3 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $71.71 Hero shows 2:club: Q:club: K:heart: J:heart: , CO mucks A:club: A:heart: 3:spade: 3:heart: , BTN shows Q:spade: J:diamond: T:spade: A:diamond: BTN wins $62.43(Rake: $2.00)

Finally got those spoiler tags fixed..
    • Chriffan
      Chriffan
      Bronze
      Here's some thoughts from another perspective.

Hand nr1.
      Fold preflop, and definetly fold on flop. When villain 3-bets he has always got a better hand than you (even tho you got the second nut flush draw).

Hand nr2.
      Villain always got something especially when he bets 3/4 pot size. If he just bet half pot size i'd guess he got a flush draw. But now it's a simple fold on flop.

Hand nr3.
      Standard and right played.

Hand nr4.
      Nice hand. Nothing to say about, you bet in position and do it right with full pot size (villain never going to fold after he 3-bet you oop.

Hand nr5.
      You play on your reads and do it well. If UTG was unknown, I'd go for a raise on flop instantly because anyone with a 3 would call you and really optimistical players with flushdraw also.

Hand nr6.
      You have got about 30% equity preflop (if BB got AA**) so when UTG calls you should also call.
      On flop you've got about 36% equity and you get 2:1 pot:stack ratio so you should fold.
    • santapark
      santapark
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Chriffan
      Here's some thoughts from another perspective.

Hand nr1.
      Fold preflop, and definetly fold on flop. When villain 3-bets he has always got a better hand than you (even tho you got the second nut flush draw).

Hand nr2.
      Villain always got something especially when he bets 3/4 pot size. If he just bet half pot size i'd guess he got a flush draw. But now it's a simple fold on flop.

Hand nr3.
      Standard and right played.

Hand nr4.
      Nice hand. Nothing to say about, you bet in position and do it right with full pot size (villain never going to fold after he 3-bet you oop.

Hand nr5.
      You play on your reads and do it well. If UTG was unknown, I'd go for a raise on flop instantly because anyone with a 3 would call you and really optimistical players with flushdraw also.

Hand nr6.
      You have got about 30% equity preflop (if BB got AA**) so when UTG calls you should also call.
      On flop you've got about 36% equity and you get 2:1 pot:stack ratio so you should fold.
      Hand nr1. I agree, this is not very good hand for chasing AAxx.

Hand nr2. Like I stated, this was a big mistake. Even if he has a pair and FD I'm in bad shape. Just folding that flop should be std. Pretty optimistic preflop call from our villain (JJ72ss), but we were stupid enough to pay him off.. :f_biggrin:

hand nr6. http://propokertools.com/simulations/show?b=3c8c2d&g=oh&h1=KcKsJs6c&h2=AAxx&s=generic Yes, we have ~35% against random AAxx on that flop and there is 27.71 in the pot before BB shoves and we need to call 24.40 to win 52.11. If we would have hit J or 6 with our FD it would have been close to even money. And preflop is a call since we have ~33% against random AAxx. http://propokertools.com/simulations/show?g=oh&h1=KcKsJs6c&h2=AAxx&s=generic
    • santapark
      santapark
      Bronze
      And thanks for comments Chriffan! I appreciate it..
    • santapark
      santapark
      Bronze
      ~1600 hands today 6-9 tabling. Seems that multitabling is good for me because I won't get bored and start leveling myself to stupid plays. I also needed to tighten up a bit which was not so bad either (avg. VIP today 22%). Not a sign of tilt and I did make only one really bad play whole session. Got money in as favourite in 16/21 all-in situations which is nice. EV up, but $ down. Still pretty confident that this will turn around, if I just keep playing my best and be patient and discipline when I'm playing. At least EV is climbing again now. I'll post some hands later, now I'm just too tired. Decided not to post graphs before end of each month so it will give a better picture how am I doing.

Good luck at the tables! :f_p:
    • santapark
      santapark
      Bronze
      Some hands:

#1 Villain was true maniac (100/78/47), going in light postflop or making everybody fold. I think he didn't have a call or fold button in his client. Villain ended up crushing the table and left with +6buy-ins.. :f_eek:

Hero (CO): $38.08
      BTN: $24.32
      SB: $23.46
      BB: $53.73
      UTG: $13.23

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with 9:diamond: Q:spade: Q:club: T:spade:
      UTG raises to $0.85, Hero calls $0.85, 3 folds

Flop: ($2.05) 9:heart: Q:heart: K:spade: (2 players)
      UTG bets $1.96, Hero raises to $7.84, UTG raises to $12.38, Hero calls $4.54

Turn: ($26.81) 5:heart: (2 players)

River: ($26.81) 8:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $26.81
      Hero mucks 9:diamond: Q:spade: Q:club: T:spade:
      UTG shows 2:club: 2:heart: A:diamond: A:heart:
      UTG wins $25.60
      (Rake: $1.21)

#2 I didn't have any reads of our short stacking villain. Leading turn and shoving river stinks and usually players take pretty passive lines with their weak trips OOP. I think it's a fold if we assume that this player is somewhat thinking. Stats were 38/6/5 so he is not opening many hands OOP that has 5xxx in them, only 5678 makes sense or maybe some high card hands with 5 as a dangler like AKQ5 or so. Fold preflop would have been fine against this villain.

CO: $17.43
      BTN: $30.41
      SB: $10.01
      Hero (BB): $36.79
      UTG: $56.60
      MP: $12.65

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with 5:diamond: A:diamond: Q:heart: 4:diamond:
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.50) 5:heart: 5:spade: A:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.00, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.50) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.00, Hero calls $2

River: ($7.50) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $6.26, Hero calls $6.26

Final Pot: $20.02
      SB shows A:heart: A:club: Q:spade: 6:heart:
      Hero mucks 5:diamond: A:diamond: Q:heart: 4:diamond:
      SB wins $19.12
      (Rake: $0.90)

#3 This hand was against swedish reg that was pretty loose-passive preflop, but very aggressive postflop. He haven't bet VS missed CB once yet, but was raising 30% VS CB, so based on this I was just going to CB and not going for a check-raise. I wasn't affraid of sets so much when we are blocking some with top2 and this villain is capable to raise and get it in with bare nutFD (I saw one spot before where this was happening). Against most of the tighter regs in PLO25 I would have folded this, but not against this one.

BTN: $34.54
      SB: $37.35
      BB: $27.18
      Hero (UTG): $32.73
      MP: $25.00
      CO: $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with A:heart: Q:spade: T:spade: J:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.85, 1 fold, CO calls $0.85, BTN calls $0.85, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.90) Q:club: A:diamond: 6:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, CO folds, BTN raises to $7.41, Hero raises to $25, BTN raises to $33.69, Hero calls $6.88 all in

Turn: ($66.66) 9:club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($66.66) 6:heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $66.66
      BTN shows 4:diamond: A:club: 6:spade: J:club:
      Hero shows A:heart: Q:spade: T:spade: J:spade:
      BTN wins $62.85
      (Rake: $2.00)

See you at the tables! :f_cool:
    • santapark
      santapark
      Bronze
      Thursday night was wicked. First playing A-game and running good. Then I decided to play one NLHE free roll @ Betfair, since they had offered free Battle of the Forums tournament tickets for top 4. I gave it a go, but playing 2 tables PLO10 at Betfair (+tournament table) and trying to 6 table PLO25 @ Stars same time was a mess. Resulted B- and eventually C-game and I downed like 8 buy-ins. I was very disappointed, since I did run very bad, but most of the damage done was caused just by me playing bad. Luckily I was second in that tournament and won 300e tournament package to Tallinn, so my evening was not totally wasted and I was quite happy about it actually! I was planning to go Tallinn next weekend anyway to have some fun and play cash games, but now it seems I have to play this NLHE donkament too.. :f_love:

I just checked my HEM rake stats and it shows I've been raked ~1100 dollars in ~27k hands @ PokerStars. I'm still down ~600 dollars, but only ~200 after bonuses. Still haven't beaten rake so there is lots to improve in my game. I think most important part for me to develop is mental side of the game -> patience and discipline!
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      I am curious what vip level you are at on ps?
    • santapark
      santapark
      Bronze
      I'm gold atm. but still clearing my 600 dollar first deposit bonus, so it is boosting my 'rakeback' pretty significantly. I believe I now get 35-40% return with first deposit bonus, stellar rewards and Gold VIP bonuses. After my first deposit bonus is cleared, rake is even harder to beat, since I will get back only 25-30% as gold I think. I will make some exact calculations later.
    • santapark
      santapark
      Bronze
      Big change life-wise, which may have also some effect to this project! I just got information that my VRP (Voluntary Resignation Package) was approved and that means I have now life freeroll for rest of the year. Lots of time and energy will be needed to find a new place to work and that might involve moving to another city in Finland or even going abroad. Let's see what happens, but this is a good opportunity, since I have no kids to feed or any loans to pay atm. :f_biggrin:

Haven't played much poker last weekend, since I got the news on Friday and those couple short sessions that I had, didn't go well since I was not able to concentrate. I will now play more when I get my things going, updating my CV, making lots of job applications and so on..

Here is a song made by former Nokia employee couple of years ago after receiving his VRP! :f_p:

• santapark
      santapark
      Bronze
      Slowplay goes wrong..

CO: $30.08
      SB: $17.67
      BB: $25.00
      UTG: $67.93

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with T:heart: T:diamond: 6:club: J:heart:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, SB calls $0.40, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($2.00) 7:spade: 7:diamond: 2:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($2.00) T:spade: (4 players)
      SB bets $1.00, BB folds, CO folds, Hero calls $1

River: ($4.00) J:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.00, Hero raises to $4, SB raises to $15.82, Hero raises to $23.50, SB calls $0.35 all in

Final Pot: $36.34
      Hero shows T:heart: T:diamond: 6:club: J:heart:
      SB shows K:heart: 8:spade: 8:club: 9:spade:
      SB wins $34.70
      (Rake: $1.64)

I thought I was in a great shape here! NOT!

BB: $27.97
      UTG: $26.40
      MP: $24.06
      Hero (CO): $58.24
      BTN: $13.68
      SB: $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with 8:club: J:diamond: 8:heart: A:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, BTN calls $0.85, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.05) K:club: 8:spade: 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.96, Hero raises to $7.84, BTN raises to $12.83, Hero calls $4.99

Turn: ($27.71) 5:diamond: (2 players)

River: ($27.71) T:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $27.71
      Hero shows 8:club: J:diamond: 8:heart: A:club:
      BTN mucks K:spade: Q:diamond: K:diamond: 5:spade:
      Hero wins $26.46
      (Rake: $1.25)

Looking for thin value against loose opponent..

SB: $34.50
      BB: $27.97
      UTG: $20.75
      CO: $29.14
      Hero (BTN): $26.56

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with Q:spade: T:heart: A:spade: J:heart:
      UTG raises to $0.83, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.84, 2 folds, UTG calls $2.01

Flop: ($6.03) T:spade: 9:club: K:club: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $4.25, UTG calls $4.25

Turn: ($14.53) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($14.53) 5:spade: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $7.00, UTG calls $7

Final Pot: $28.53
      UTG mucks 5:diamond: K:heart: 7:diamond: Q:heart:
      Hero shows Q:spade: T:heart: A:spade: J:heart:
      Hero wins $27.25
      (Rake: $1.28)

Good luck at the tables! :f_p: