[NL2-NL10] NL10 KTo

• Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      I called preflp because this guy have been opening every hand and i have a big postflp edge against this field.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $9.90
      BB:
      $17.62
      MP2:
      $11.72
      MP3:
      $11.36
      CO:
      $11.37
      BU (Hero):
      $11.18

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, K.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.25, CO folds, Hero calls $0.25, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.65) K, 7, 9 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.35) 4 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.50, MP3 calls $0.50.

River: ($2.35) 3 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.12, MP3 raises to $3.10, Hero calls $1.98.

Final Pot: $8.55.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of kings(Th Kc).
      MP3 shows high card king(Qc Js).

Hero wins with a pair of kings(Th Kc).

Any thoughts ^^?
  • 2 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      The call preflop is fine, as are the calls on the flop and turn. On the river i'm not too sure about betting unless the villain is REALLY fishy. There really isn't that much he can call with that we beat after the way the hand played out. However his raise isn't repping anything except maybe a backdoor flush so wp for calling there in what looks to be a tricky situation.

I'd check back the river, but it seems like villain is very fishy so you could well have been correct to bet the river.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      The call preflop is fine, as are the calls on the flop and turn. On the river i'm not too sure about betting unless the villain is REALLY fishy. There really isn't that much he can call with that we beat after the way the hand played out. However his raise isn't repping anything except maybe a backdoor flush so wp for calling there in what looks to be a tricky situation.

I'd check back the river, but it seems like villain is very fishy so you could well have been correct to bet the river.
      Well I except a random "reg" on these stakes to bet turn if they hit a flushdraw, so I never expect to see a flush here on the river