Without looking

• Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Bronze
      Hey everyone
      Has anyone tried to win a stt or mtt without looking at their hand? I've heard that Anette Obrestad won a 180man sng with looking at her hand only once, even though there is no proof, that seems possible. I tried doing that in two sng's today but didnt have any success, I will keep on trying though. I wonder how many tries it will take to win with not more than 1 time seeing cards.
      If anyone else tried this, share your experience :s_grin:
  • 8 replies
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      I tried going allin every hand in a 6m sng couple of times, never came better than 6th though.
    • Svarthjalmar
      Svarthjalmar
      Bronze
      I watched a video on Poker VT once, where Anette goes through the HHs from that tournament, and I think it's fairly obvious that she's not looking at her cards, only playing the table and her position. She did get lucky a number of times, but it's really a great show of skill. But did she win it or just FT it? I can't remember, but I seem to have held the belief that she just came close but didn't actually win. Or maybe she removed the cover from her hole cards near the end or something. Or maybe I'm completely mistaken. Anyway, it proves that in NLHE you play position and your opponent much more than your cards. And I don't think I'll ever try to do that. ;)
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      I once watched a vid from Collin Moshman in which he did it (STT).
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Bronze
      taking a daily shot at this, and after first 5 sng's I can tell that the hardest thing about this is playing one table at a time and avoiding looking at your hand by accident
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      So, what's your ROI?
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Bronze
      Just won a 3.5$ turbo sng :) also recorded it, there will be a video sometime soon.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      collin moshman or one of his associates made a holecard blocker program for playing without seeing your cards. I wonder would he share it with the community if we asked nicely? I do believe he made it available to the husng community.

I had a copy a while back, but dunno where it is now :f_frown:
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Bronze
      I dont know about other sites, but stars has the option to hide hole cards