[NL2-NL10] Jj Nl5

• ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      i toned it down a bit tonight veriz. not too many bad moves.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $6.53
      CO:
      $6.08

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J:heart: , J:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, CO raises to $0.55, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.17) A:club: , K:spade: , J:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.84, Hero raises to $5.98 (All-In), CO calls $4.69 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

i think this shove is pretty standard here. lots of worse hands are gladly calling on this flop.

Turn: ($12.23) 8:club:
      River: ($12.23) Q:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $12.23

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, jacks (Jh Jd)
      CO shows (Ah Js)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, jacks (Jh Jd)
  • 6 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would also b/c pf and would c/rai on the flop. Most likely his hand his AK that would never going to b/f

best regards,
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      ive also found that i get more action for some reason raising in early positions with PP's 4x instead of 5x. i still open high cards (AK AQ AJs) for 5x though because i have a tougher time playing those oop post flop.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

AK is generally pretty easy to play, you either hit your tptk and can safely most of the times bet for value or miss and then either give up or try still taking down pot depending on the opponent and board. I woudl suggest making the same betsize with all of your range, since if players figure out yore making 4xbb your strong hands and 5xbb Ax hands, they are very comfortable playing against you postflop with all sort of hands.

best regards,
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      wierd. well i found i wasnt getting much action when i raised 5x. maybe i'll just mix it up a bit? some 4x and some 5x?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

you would usually not get action if you raise 5bb, since players would then only play back with better hands, like AA-QQ, against AK-AJ plays very badly. I would rather keep it constant 4bb raising size, even with AK you really don´t just want to take 1,5BB pot down pf, but rather see them calling worse Ax hand and then getting them stacked postflop.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      well just in early positions ( UTG UTG2 MP1 MP2) veriz was teaching the beginners to raise 5x from early positions. I never get any action doing that I guess cause people respect my raise enough to get out of the way now...so i'll make it 4x from every spot unless i can get 5-8x from a fish or more, or less from a shorty like 2-3x bb raise)