[NL20-NL50] sh 25 AA OOP 140bb

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      Hero (BB): $36.46

CO: $41.65 - VPIP: 27, PFR: 22, 3B: 6, AF: 0.9, Hands: 104

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with A :spade: A :diamond:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.50, CO raises to $5.80, Hero calls $3.30

Flop: ($11.70) T :heart: 3 :heart: 2 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($11.70) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($11.70) 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Preflop: I thought that shoving will make villain call with a very very tight range and 5betting to 11-12 would look extremely strong so I ended up calling.

Postflop: Wanted to c/r flop as I thought villain is mostly having JJ-AA or AK and thought that he would be betting with his range pretty often. I don't really know if that's the case given that my range should look quite strong. Given that should I lead and maybe try to c/r when I have the A:heart: or c/c ( which might be better given that I am not afraid of anything when I have the nfd as well)
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

being oop I think it is better to 5-bet and get all-in rather than call 4-bet oop. Even if he is bluffing you would likely rather take down 8.3$ pot, rather than leave yourself oop having more than 100bb behind. Also you want to get all-in KK/AK/QQ before some bad cards would come to him

Postflop I think c/rai would be best line and after that heart turn I would c/f all the way

best regards,
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

being oop I think it is better to 5-bet and get all-in rather than call 4-bet oop. Even if he is bluffing you would likely rather take down 8.3$ pot, rather than leave yourself oop having more than 100bb behind. Also you want to get all-in KK/AK/QQ before some bad cards would come to him

Postflop I think c/rai would be best line and after that heart turn I would c/f all the way

best regards,
      What sizing for the 5bet, are you shoving or are you making it 11-12? Are there any downsides to making smaller 5bets with all of our range? I see it better because we can bluff more cheaply and if villain has a value hand he is shoving himself. Are we leaving ourselves open to 6bet bluff shoves :D or maybe it is unnecessary since we are committing ourselves with any 2 ? ( we are still 25% vs QQ+, AK with trash like 97o).
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think smt like 9$ is the size where we´re expecting to have fold equity, also that gives him good chance to call pf some random hands ip to try outplay us postflop. Shove is a littlebit too big and since we´re mostly representing anyway AK or QQ-AA then we dot have to make it too big (especially with aces)

best regards,