This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] sh 25 AA OOP 140bb

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      Hero (BB): $36.46

CO: $41.65 - VPIP: 27, PFR: 22, 3B: 6, AF: 0.9, Hands: 104

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with A :spade: A :diamond:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.50, CO raises to $5.80, Hero calls $3.30

Flop: ($11.70) T :heart: 3 :heart: 2 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($11.70) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($11.70) 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Preflop: I thought that shoving will make villain call with a very very tight range and 5betting to 11-12 would look extremely strong so I ended up calling.

Postflop: Wanted to c/r flop as I thought villain is mostly having JJ-AA or AK and thought that he would be betting with his range pretty often. I don't really know if that's the case given that my range should look quite strong. Given that should I lead and maybe try to c/r when I have the A:heart: or c/c ( which might be better given that I am not afraid of anything when I have the nfd as well)
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

being oop I think it is better to 5-bet and get all-in rather than call 4-bet oop. Even if he is bluffing you would likely rather take down 8.3$ pot, rather than leave yourself oop having more than 100bb behind. Also you want to get all-in KK/AK/QQ before some bad cards would come to him

Postflop I think c/rai would be best line and after that heart turn I would c/f all the way

best regards,
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

being oop I think it is better to 5-bet and get all-in rather than call 4-bet oop. Even if he is bluffing you would likely rather take down 8.3$ pot, rather than leave yourself oop having more than 100bb behind. Also you want to get all-in KK/AK/QQ before some bad cards would come to him

Postflop I think c/rai would be best line and after that heart turn I would c/f all the way

best regards,
      What sizing for the 5bet, are you shoving or are you making it 11-12? Are there any downsides to making smaller 5bets with all of our range? I see it better because we can bluff more cheaply and if villain has a value hand he is shoving himself. Are we leaving ourselves open to 6bet bluff shoves :D or maybe it is unnecessary since we are committing ourselves with any 2 ? ( we are still 25% vs QQ+, AK with trash like 97o).
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think smt like 9$ is the size where we´re expecting to have fold equity, also that gives him good chance to call pf some random hands ip to try outplay us postflop. Shove is a littlebit too big and since we´re mostly representing anyway AK or QQ-AA then we dot have to make it too big (especially with aces)

best regards,