$2.39
      CO:
      $13.12
      BU:
      $12.56
      SB (Hero):
      $10.35

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BU folds, Hero raises to $1.00, BB folds, CO calls $0.70.

Flop: ($2.1) T, 3, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, CO calls $1.30.

Turn: ($4.7) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.98, Hero calls $2.98.

River: ($10.66) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO raises to $7.84, Hero calls $5.07.

Final Pot: $23.57.

villain looked like a fish,i had only a few hands on him.

I folded in like 3 spots just like this ,now i had to call
  • 6 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      What's BU's range here? If we go through the hand logically we can narrow it down quite well. Since we don't really have a clue what kind of player he is (Many times my stats have looked fishy over as many as 25 hands at a table because of running hot/getting calling hands a lot) we can assume a reggy type of player who calls too much.

So, from that we can deduce a 3bet calling range:

AKo, AKs, QKs, QKo, AQs, AQo, AJs, QQ, JJ, TT, 99, JKs(?), maybe some suited connectors.

Seems like a fine calling range for a player who calls too much.

We bet the flop and he calls, this narrows his range down a bit, but not too much.

TT, JJ, QQ, AK, AQ, AJ(?), QK, JK.

Now, the turn narrows his range down significantly, what does he bet the turn with that he calls flop with? He checks back a lot of weaker showdown value hands like 99, JJ, QK and 99 if he got really light at calling on the flop. So what do we have that he bets?

TT, QQ, AQ, JK (That beat us) and AJ (Definitely not always in his range) and AK.

River is quite blank, no one puts anyone on runner runner flushes so he's betting everything he was on the turn here on the river. This gives us 28 combos that beat us, 6 combos that split the pot with us, and 8 combos that we beat. Seems a pretty obvious fold when we put it like that doesn't it? :) I guess we could add a few suited connectors to his range to try and justify a call, but we'd be clutching at straws in my opinion.

The best line to take here, in my opinion, would be to bet the flop, then bet the turn about $2.40 and make an easy fold vs a raise. If he flats the turn we can c/c most rivers.
    • AxsisHalon
      AxsisHalon
      Bronze
      thx Wriggers for this explanation, it helped me a lot to understand what is going on and what should be my thinking :)
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      spoiler? what did he end up having?
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      TT ... i got in the last two days in spots like this like 3 times,same way the hand was played,i folded on the river

i shoved my QQ vs K4c PF and got owned then some TT into a very lose player who had A6o and made a straight

probably those tilted me a bit
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Np, you've just got to stay disciplined and keep making the correct folds, and yes I know that can be hard at time :D

Gl.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Thx Wriggers,i see you`re evaluating some of the hands.I took a look at your blog,love you`re style and approach (look at downswings and say LoL ;) ).

I also like the way you go through the hand,thank you for that as well.I guess in the near future you`ll see quite a few of my hands here. :s_grin: