AKo v 223 Board.

• Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Hero Dealt A :spade: K :club:

Every folds, one calls, you raise, one player calls.

Board

2 :diamond: 2 :heart: 3 :spade:

Villian Checks
      Hero Raises
      Villian Re-raises

Ok...

Hero does what now?

Thinking that because hes checking hes not holding shit, so maybe AK is still winning, but re-raise says hes slow playing maybe? Or hes holding fuck all to, but going for the steal?
  • 8 replies
    • Zareos
      Zareos
      Bronze
      I may be wrong... but....

Depending on the size of your raise, he may have had a pocket pair and was set-mining, so 22 or 33 is a possibility (22 is very unlikely, but not impossible). He may also have had a middle-pocket pair like 66-99 and as the flop is ridiculously low felt that he's ahead and decided to apply pressure. If he was slow-playing, feel free to cut his genitals off with a plastic spoon - painful!

That said, given that the highest card on the board is a 3, he maybe sensed your cbet was a bluff and decided to check-raise to apply some pressure or test whether you had a higher pocket pair.

I'm a nit, I'd fold with AK to a re-raise... but would be interested in hearing of more adventurous (and probably better) lines to take.
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      yeah its a fictional hand, so bet sizes are stuff are whatever you belive.. but more than likely..

3bet pre-flop, and
      half pot, maybe more or less for the board.
    • XZaar
      XZaar
      Bronze
      just shove it hahah
    • Solovirs
      Solovirs
      Bronze
      This could go either way. If you gave a little more information about the bet sizes, that could really help understand the situation. Many would call your raise if they limped with a low/mid pocket pair, but if he was a more experienced player, he most likely would re raise you with any two on that kind a flop, but it pretty much depends on the bet/raise amount.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Against any reasonable c/r range, you are behind about 2:1
      If you 4Bet shove you need to get him to fold fairly often.
      Will he? If I don't know that, I'm saving my $$

Also, if you are going to shove, and hope he is either bluffing or you somehow suck out, you need to take his stack size into account.
      If he doesn't have enough behind, he's not worth going after.
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      what type of player is he? how deep were you both? how much did you open? how much did you c-bet? how much did he check raise to? did you have any history? i could go on and on

you need to think more about poker imo so maybe read some articles/watch vids and join the poker school would be a pretty good start, hope this helps and good luck
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      instafold he has pocket 55. i put him on a range like 44/55/66/77/88/99 maybe slowplaying monster pairs but unlikely, maybe some Ax maybe some weird gutshot or backdoor with a pair.. but i would seriously consider folding since we probably have at best 6 outs.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Definitely checking back the Flop in position. You should already have a clear plan if you choose to bet the Flop (bet/fold? bet/call? bet and barrel Turn and river?)

Remember that we are never folding out a pair (so we are never able to bluff out better) and we are not all that likely to get value from worse (sure some KQ or AQ type of hands may call but we should definitely induce bluffs instead)