Real DoomSwitch Crusher : Spungeh's Million Dollar Challenge

• Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Damian 'Spungeh'

Well, Some of you may know me, and i've been hovering around the site for a little while, and been back and forward. I have a blog at the moment, yet its too.. messy and all over the place, the whole point of a blog for me is to keep track of what I want to do, and what I want to achieve and then If i achieve it.
      I believe this is a good time to start a new blog, with structure and get good feedback due to getting software back up and running and also swapping my game type over to Cash Games.

Poker

So swap over to Cash games after playing SnG for the last year on and off.. and I can say im enjoying them allot, I like the fact that I can put in allot of volume and that I can play more poker, rather than just shoving.. Which is why im enjoying the most I believe.

Goals
      So Goals Time..
      :spade: 1000 Hands a day, or 4 hours.. Which ever comes last
      :spade: Analyse at least 5 hands daily
      :spade: Get a coach, and/or study group/partner
      :spade: Post up graph every 1000 hands.
      :spade: Be my own worst boss
      :spade: Turn poker into a lifestyle, not a hobby.
      :spade: Every week, post up a post like this for the next week.

Lifestyle

So thought I would add some personal stuff, unrelevant to poker.
      So im a student doing Computer Game Tech at BCU, Its basically programming and then business also. I'm enjoying this, but dont see myself in 10years making games.
      I come from a video game background, mainly playing for money on CallOfDuty4, and then moved with the times until the recently new ones came, And i kind of got bored of the games.

Graph

Live Tournoments

Havn't really had many atm.. will be stacking sometime this month :)

Misc.

Got a Godmode playlist now.. so its all good :D

Any Questions?
      Also.. I am doing this so I can get feedback and motivated from the community, I dont have to many poker buddies that understand this kind of dedication to something like this.. So any comments etc are always welcome :) :s_love: :f_love:

March Recap http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?postid=1037852#post1037852
  • 369 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Welcome to the Blogs Spungeh :)

But why all in Spoilers? Would look alot smarter if they where out of the spoilers ;)
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      What spoilers? :f_cool:
    • Solidius
      Solidius
      Bronze
      Cool, i'll follow your blog.
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Cool man :) Thanks.

Ill update when i hit 1000 hands on the first post.. but at the moment im at 627 hands..

Im currently $-2.41 Had some pretty shocking hands.. Some interesting ones too.. Definetly making stupid mistakes :(

Heres a hand for you all, to tide you over...

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $4.97
      BB:
      $2.21
      CO:
      $1.60
      BU (Hero):
      $0.97

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, Q.
      CO posts deadblind, CO checks, Hero raises to $0.06, SB raises to $0.18, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.4) 6, 4, 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $4.49, Hero calls $0.49.

River: ($5.98) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: $5.98.

Results follow:

Hero shows a flush, queen high(J Q).
      SB shows two pairs, aces and sevens(A A).

Hero wins with a flush, queen high(J Q).

& hes a bad beat maybe?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):
      $0.78
      BB:
      $2.38
      MP2:
      $2.18
      MP3:
      $2.29
      CO:
      $2.53
      BU:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, T.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.06, CO folds, BU calls $0.06, Hero calls $0.05, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.2) T, T, 6 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, BU folds.

Turn: ($0.4) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, MP3 raises to $0.62, Hero calls $0.42(All-In).

River: ($1.64) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.64.
      Results follow:

MP3 shows a full-house, tens full of kings(K T).
      Hero shows three of a kind, tens(A T).

MP3 wins with a full-house, tens full of kings(K T).

Comments on either of these two hands?

I personally believe i got lucky with the flush, but that was what i was intending on doing.. The other hand was just Ouch..
    • ClimaxingWalrus
      ClimaxingWalrus
      Bronze
      Lol did you play cod4 on ps3 or 360 or both? If you played on ps3 I prob know you. I'm playing NL30/50 right now, getting coached and wouldn't mind helping you out a bit. Sent u friend request so I can pm u my Skype.
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Hi dude

good luck with the cash games! How many tables will you play? 4 hours for 1k hands looks really long.

I started playing COD with MW2. I 'm loosing interest a bit now as I 'm getting more into poker again. Poker >>> all other games :D

Will follow your progress. GL!
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ClimaxingWalrus
      Lol did you play cod4 on ps3 or 360 or both? If you played on ps3 I prob know you. I'm playing NL30/50 right now, getting coached and wouldn't mind helping you out a bit. Sent u friend request so I can pm u my Skype.
      Yeah i played on the PS3 :D Ill accept f/r, what was your screename? I did play 360 sometimes though to.

Originally post by lpdlamei

Hi dude

good luck with the cash games! How many tables will you play? 4 hours for 1k hands looks really long.

I started playing COD with MW2. I 'm loosing interest a bit now as I 'm getting more into poker again. Poker >>> all other games grin

Will follow your progress. GL!
      Cheers man :)
      I mean 4 hours or 1000 hands minunum.. Ill be doing 1000 hands allot quicker than 4 hours.. im 6tabling at the moment.. need bigger monitors, only got 2 atm.. but laptop screen and my old desktop monitor :)

CoD4, and then MW2 I played massively, from there I just gave up.. lol.. and yes poker allot better.

Progress
      So ive hit just over 1000 hands.. Been running bad.. Down like $6.. had a massive 100 hand downward spiral on my chart :(

Ill post it here, and on original post :)

I guess its not to bad, considering this is my first day of playing cash games.. but still horrible. :f_cry:
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      So had a few hundred hands just before I had to go to work..

Got some of my stuff back up so only around $-3.90 now :) Lets hope graph starts looking liike the last few hands :)

Graph

* updated this image to main post :)
    • OtterlyGood
      OtterlyGood
      Bronze
      Gotta love chiddy bang.. Good luck :)
    • ItsTeddyKGB
      ItsTeddyKGB
      Bronze
      Buy in for 100bb kthx.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ItsTeddyKGB
      Buy in for 100bb kthx.
      +1 Very important indeed.

I would also reduce the number of tables at the beginning. Take your time and think through the hand carefully.

GL
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      why 100BB?

Im buying in for mininum, and playing very aggresively.. It seems to be working as people dont bet into me as much knowing that I dont have a huge chip stack and back out of any draws etc?

But please explain why 100BB, obviously so when I hit a hand I can get max profit from it, but then also when i get sucked out, im only ever losing bare mininum :\

+ with 6 tables, I have always played at least 4 tables at once on SNGs, and finding that 6 tables is actual allot of time to think hands through... and would add more if I had the right equipment todo so.
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Spungeh
      obviously so when I hit a hand I can get max profit from it, but then also when i get sucked out, im only ever losing bare mininum
      You will much more often get max profit from a hand than being sucked out on. The most profit on NL2 comes from value betting your strong hands. I would only buy-in with less than 100bb if I had really small bankroll like 10$
    • ClimaxingWalrus
      ClimaxingWalrus
      Bronze
      1. Play 100bb
      2. Don't play more than 4 Tables
      3. If you're bored/feel like its going to slow then you're doing it wrong, take more notes, improve the kinds of notes your taking etc.
      4. Review your sessions + post hands
      5. $$$
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Since you are here trying to improve your game you will be better than the average player soon so you want the other players to make more/bigger mistakes than you do hence you want to maximize your profits when you hit a big hand and get paid off. That's why you want to be playing with 100bb.

If you want to buy in for the minimum, this is a complete different strategy known as Short Stack Strategy and you canfind articles about it on this site too. But looking at the hands above it looks like you play a Big Stack Strategy with a short stack...

Also remember that cash games is a lot more complicated post flop than sng. As someone suggested take notes and pay attention to the game even when you are not in a hand.

If you still have time playing 4 tables and doing all this try to put the people on ranges on each hand you observe and of course when you are playing a hand yourself. This will help you a lot to improve very fast.
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Ok, I will try that out...

My bankroll isnt effient enough to be playing 4 tables at 100BB until monday, So bankroll management is out the window, so going to have to stick to a smaller stack until the 12th, but ill start reading up notes etc now.

And yes i agree with making allot more money, I would of made +$4 more on the hand i posted which would of meant i was + for the day :)
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze

My bankroll isnt effient enough to be playing 4 tables at 100BB until monday, So bankroll management is out the window, so going to have to stick to a smaller stack until the 12th
      You BRM shouldn't be affected by the number of tables you play but only the limit and how much you buy in for.

You are playing NL2 so to respect a 20 BI BRM (which should be enough at NL2) you need 40$.
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dublimax

My bankroll isnt effient enough to be playing 4 tables at 100BB until monday, So bankroll management is out the window, so going to have to stick to a smaller stack until the 12th
      You BRM shouldn't be affected by the number of tables you play but only the limit and how much you buy in for.

You are playing NL2 so to respect a 20 BI BRM (which should be enough at NL2) you need 40$.
      Ok thank you..
      I will be around $70 tonight.. So i will carry on playing NL2 until i hit $100-$150.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Good stuff!
      GL with your progress