NL50 river shove

• Daenerys
      Daenerys
      Bronze
      Villain is a reg whos sligthly loose and a bit over aggressive but he does mix his plays and takes similiar line with when strong or with air.

Im wondering what would you do in this particular situation, i have my way of thinking in this hand but want to hear people's opinions.

Entraction $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 1669623
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN/SB: $108.79
      Hero (BB): $82.44

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with A :spade: 7 :heart:
      BTN/SB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($3.00) K :spade: 5 :spade: 7 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN/SB bets $2.25, Hero raises to $6, BTN/SB raises to $13.50, Hero calls $7.50

Turn: ($30.00) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN/SB bets $18.50, Hero calls $18.50

River: ($67.00) J :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN/SB bets $75.29, Hero ?
  • 5 replies
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      vs a good reg i fold preflop these offsuit aces

and further more with no big c/r dinamic, where he starts 3betting i would prob just c/c, cuz it kind of sucks to get 3bet

but as played i would make my c/r bigger, like 7-7.5 and prob just push over his 3bet which would be 16. but i'm spewy :f_cool:

just got into my head, if we just call the flop 3bet, the turn call is very close, as we do get quite some reverse implied odds vs small flushes if we hit 2pr/trips and if we hit a spade not sure if we get paid, so maybe folding the turn?

did some calculations, so vs a calling range[KK,77,55,K7s,K5s,75s,QsJs,QsTs,JsTs,Qs9s,Js9s,Ts9s,Qs8s,Js8s,Ts8s,9s8s,Qs6s,Js6s,Ts6s,9s6s,8s6s,Qs4s,Js4s,Ts4s,9s4s,8s4s,6s4s,Qs3s,Js3s,Ts3s,9s3s,8s3s,6s3s,4s3s,Qs2s,Js2s,Ts2s,9s2s,8s2s,6s2s,4s2s,3s2s,KdQs,KhQs,KsQd,KsQh,KsQc,KcQs,KdJs,KhJs,KsJd,KsJh,KsJc,KcJs,KdTs,KhTs,KsTd,KsTh,KsTc,KcTs] we have ~35% equity, which is crap, so i don't like 4bet shoving the flop anymore, he prob won't have enough bluffs in his range, so clearly c/c is best and reevaluate turn from his tendencies
    • Daenerys
      Daenerys
      Bronze
      Normally it would be easy fold on turn / defo on river however his betsizing suggest he has air.

Look at his flop re-raise, now if he represents 2 suited connectors for a flush he would definately want to protect the hand in case of another spade on the next street. Same things if hes holding AK / set he just have to re-raise bigger.

Then on turn hes bet sizing is somewhat small which would suggest he has nut flush ( cant happens since i have Ace) or hes just trying to push me off with semi weak hand or K high.

Then he pushes river - rule out all king hands and possibly sets. All he represents with that shove is flush. But considering his play on flop and turn... this leads me to believe otherwise?

He only has 100-150 hands on me, i doubt he would balance or try to mislead me on the pot of this size?

I folded river by the way, but above was my thinking, using up all time bank.
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      i don't think you will ever see enough villains bluff in this spot, and his flop bet sizing is ok imo, to make you spaz out a bit, i like it.

OTT it's rather a normal bet size, he does put up nice stack sizes for river

and the shitty thing is that villain could turn 8x or Jx into a bluff OTR, so imo it's quite a clear fold

oh, about the AK, he never ever has AK here, like ever, he will always just call the flop raise, no point in 3beting , because he is wayy behind your 4bet get it in range
    • Daenerys
      Daenerys
      Bronze
      I suppose you are right but this hand kept me thinking about it for most of the day and im kinda having a small issue letting that play go.

I probably made the correct call in the long run but was 100% sure he was bluffing in this spot.

Even affected my play today so im gonna chill tonight and regroup for the weekend grind.

He had Qc Tc by the way. :f_mad:
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Fold pre.

As played c/call flop. Turn is ugly, but we shouldn't really be there as played.