[NL20-NL50] KK vs 7s8s

    • Rastlin1
      Rastlin1
      Bronze
      Joined: 31.08.2008 Posts: 189
      IPoker, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

      MP: $20 (100 bb)
      CO: $24.29 (121.5 bb)
      BTN: $27.18 (135.9 bb)
      Hero (SB): $28.10 (140.5 bb)
      BB: $31.37 (156.9 bb)

      Preflop: Hero is SB with K K
      MP raises to $0.60, CO calls $0.60, BTN folds, Hero raises to $1.80, BB calls $1.60, MP calls $1.20, CO calls $1.20

      Flop: ($7.20) Q 5 9 (4 players)
      Hero bets $5.40, 2 folds, CO calls $5.40

      Turn: ($18) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $18, CO calls $17.09 and is all-in

      River: ($52.18) 3 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

      Results: $52.18 pot ($2.60 rake)
      Final Board: Q 5 9 6 3
      CO showed 8 7 and won $49.58 ($25.29 net)
      Hero mucked K K and lost (-$24.29 net)
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Hello Rastlin1,

      Preflop: Why do you raise so small? You are giving perfect odds for set mining and calling with any crap. :f_cry:

      As played
      Postflop: Well, as I spoke already about preflop, you gave perfect odds for set mining and wouldn't be surprised if one of them even has a set. But can we get away? And just Check/Fold vs unknown?

      Best Regards.
    • Rastlin1
      Rastlin1
      Bronze
      Joined: 31.08.2008 Posts: 189
      Completely agree and when I reviewed the hand that's my first pick up (stooped me, slaps own wrist)

      If I had raised right, and the same play unfolded here on flop and turn what do you think you would have done?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by Rastlin1
      Completely agree and when I reviewed the hand that's my first pick up (stooped me, slaps own wrist)

      If I had raised right, and the same play unfolded here on flop and turn what do you think you would have done?
      Then we would have just played correctly and shouldn't be whining about it. :P Cause we made a correct play, but right now you didn't. :(
    • Rastlin1
      Rastlin1
      Bronze
      Joined: 31.08.2008 Posts: 189
      but if i stop whining how will your hear about my terrible play :P
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by Rastlin1
      but if i stop whining how will your hear about my terrible play :P
      Yeah, that's one punishment you could make for yourself. :D Post the hand and let others see it. Sometimes even might other leaks in your play.
    • Rastlin1
      Rastlin1
      Bronze
      Joined: 31.08.2008 Posts: 189
      I have been relativity successful on FR so far getting up to NL 20 but am trying my hand at 6 max and finding it hard to adjust to a winning style. Have you any tips on the differences between the 2?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by Rastlin1
      I have been relativity successful on FR so far getting up to NL 20 but am trying my hand at 6 max and finding it hard to adjust to a winning style. Have you any tips on the differences between the 2?
      Don't play only your hand but also opponent and the boards and try to understand the table dynamics. :)