This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Kk 06/03

• carrapa
      carrapa
      Bronze
      Party, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP3: $1.96 (98 bb)
      BTN: $2 (100 bb)
      UTG+2: $1.90 (95 bb)
      BB: $1.47 (73.5 bb)
      MP2: $1.02 (51 bb)
      MP1: $0.71 (35.5 bb)
      Hero (CO): $2 (100 bb)
      SB: $2 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K K
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BTN folds, SB raises to $0.24, BB folds, Hero calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.50) 5 4 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.48, Hero raises to $1.76 and is all-in, SB calls $1.28 and is all-in

Turn: ($4.02) 7 (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      River: ($4.02) 5 (2 players, 2 are all-in)

He was pretty tag, so with his 3-bet, so he had AK or QQ+, almost for sure... I had position, so I just called the 3bet, because I knew that low pp were out of question. Did I play it bad the pf? And the flop?
  • 2 replies
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Bronze
      2 people did this to me last night and both of them hit a K on the flop and I hated their guts.

Anyway bad beats aside, if you're planning to shove on the flop like that might as well shove pre-flop since the flop changed nothing. AA still beats you and you still beat AK, QQ. I still feel that you should shove KK pre-flop as out of all the times you get KK its very less likely that an opponent has the only better hand, AA. I think this happens less than 5% on a FR table.

Besides he's a TAG not a nit. Nits are the one who you can re-consider playing KK if you strongly feel he only 3-Bets with AA.

Calling 3-Bet with KK I think is a bad move as if you wanna be completely sure that you shove on flop only if you hit a K then you're kinda set mining and you're not following the Call 20 rule. Like I said the flop won't change anything only a K will make you feel at ease and an A on the flop might even make you fold to a C-Bet from QQ. Shove it pre-flop or just fold it if you're not comfortable and pretty sure he has AA.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think pf call is fine, I would also shove flop, since likely you´re behind there only against AA and worse pp-s would call your shove

best regards,