QQ 100% push UTG?

• 14 replies
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fishfish530
      If QQ UGT open, We must be 100% push vs 3bet?
      yep!! unless thay are nitty rocks who only 3 bet AA KK!!! :f_biggrin: Although I still tend to shove and cross my fingers!!! Gerv sometimes folds QQ on his coachings against very tight players

Roo
    • Monkeyman5
      Monkeyman5
      Bronze
      Not necessarily, it depends on the players, how deep the stacks are etc etc. However, early on in a tournament, I might tend to flat call because if I ship, I get called by TT+, AQ and AK and although and Im not a fan of getting it in racing. Sometimes a flat call is better and play a solid post flop
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Never ever folding esp when you are playing mid-stack.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      can you elaborate on this answer a little for us?
      why is this ?

roo
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      ok there are rare instances where u can make a hero-fold. Like when his 3bet% is 1% over a few k hand sample. but i would say almost never.

i would say on average people just almost always 3bet/shove JJ and AK with 50bb stacks so QQ would be super strong in this case. certainly there are a few exceptions
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      ok there are rare instances where u can make a hero-fold. Like when his 3bet% is 1% over a few k hand sample. but i would say almost never.

i would say on average people just almost always 3bet/shove JJ and AK with 50bb stacks so QQ would be super strong in this case. certainly there are a few exceptions
      Thanks coach, this has been puzzling my small brain for ages :f_biggrin:

I have noticed at the micros that when I am short/mid stacked that villians dont tend to give you much credit and will often shove with Ax and 66+ type hands too, so yes I see what you mean about getting the monies in :f_biggrin:

Roo
    • BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      It is impossible for us to give meaningful advice if we don't know the player's 3-bet %, overall AFQ, table image, your table image and their stack size.

:)
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BObamaJr
      It is impossible for us to give meaningful advice if we don't know the player's 3-bet %, overall AFQ, table image, your table image and their stack size.

:)
      yes I understand this, my question was originally at this post as I thought there maybe a mathematical/strategy reason behind it and wanted to know more :)

• roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze

Example :f_biggrin:

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($14.50)
      BB ($15)
      UTG ($32.11)
      UTG+1 ($44.16)
      UTG+2 ($50.61)
      MP1 ($34.82)
      Hero ($14.25)
      CO ($49.29)
      BTN ($26.58)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, MP1 raises to $2, Hero raises to $6, fold, fold, fold, fold, MP1 raises to $16, Hero calls $8.25 (AI)

FLOP ($29.25) A:diamond: 8:club: 6:club:

TURN ($29.25) A:diamond: 8:club: 6:club: A:spade:

RIVER ($29.25) A:diamond: 8:club: 6:club: A:spade: 3:diamond:

MP1 shows J:diamond: J:club:
      (Pre 18%, Flop 12.8%, Turn 4.5%)

Hero shows Q:heart: Q:diamond:
      (Pre 82%, Flop 87.2%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero wins $27.79
    • XxMatadorExX
      XxMatadorExX
      Silver
      Yes SHIPP!!!!!!!!!!! 95% of time i would say ! Unless you really have the feeling or know your opponent really well and is really tight and won't 3 bet you on utg+1/+2 lets say and there are shoving stacks left to act that commits him, which is really strong, these kind of things! But also depending on stack sizes from BOTH player etc to EVEN CONSIDER a Fold, and STILL it's super hard to fold! I have folded QQ before a few times but is so rare that i remember every single time i layed down!

Because seriously peoples ranges these days are so f wide, and are willing to take risk, more in hard tournaments full of sharks, that are comfortable / able to 3 bet your utg open in Dealer W ANYTHING lets say and both deep just beccause they know its a thought spot and are on position just in case they get flatted, orr even worse 3 bet you on BB which looks TO ME SUPER HYPER STRONG THAT BB 3 BETS YOU, but players take advantage of these ugly spots so like i said depends on the player and stack sizes etc! Depends tournament as well, andif your close to the money or final table or things like that, they will put pressure on you so be lighter! But yeah players going nuts these days! OBVIOUSLY not always your going to be winning, but you will most likely be in good shape PLUS YOU GOT TO RISKS TO WIN TOURNAMENTS! And you can always hit your suck out if your behind :f_biggrin: but in overall you definitely going to be in good shape! :s_o:
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      I thought the whole point of mss was to get it in easy in this exact situation
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Targetme
      I thought the whole point of mss was to get it in easy in this exact situation
      yes in the right spots :f_biggrin:
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      At the micro stakes queens are going in. Some players will be at it with any ace-face combo, sometimes you will lose to aa kk or an AK that hits but take the rough with the smooth. MSS cash game get the queens in.
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      I get QQ all-in too,.... most of the time..., after checking opponents stats and any notes I may have on them.