This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NLSH25 River decision

• summermonkey
      summermonkey
      Bronze
      MP: $53.34 (213.4 bb)
      CO: $25 (100 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $25.75 (103 bb)
      SB: $38.45 (153.8 bb)
      BB: $30.99 (124 bb)
      UTG: $32.47 (129.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A:club: 9:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.62, SB calls $0.52, BB folds

Flop: ($1.49) 4:spade: 9:club: 5:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.49) 2:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

River: ($7.99) A:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $5, SB raises to $34.58, Hero folds

Villian is a 36/17 fish. His turn bet got me all confused. I bet the river with my 2pair but facing a shove on a flush complete board, I do not know.. However, his stats shows that he is quite aggressive post flop. Did not see a river c/r by him before(only had 55 hands) so I just folded.
  • 4 replies
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Against a fish I would like raising his donkbet on flop, cause he will call with all the 9x, probabbly with 66,77,88 and some straightdraws.

As played I would valubet less on river just cause I expect him to be giving up a lot when checking the river. And I would also fold to his shove. You only beat his maybe overplayed 2pair, I think he has some 93,53,34 or some backdoored flush.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      I don't think villain is check/ shoving as a bluff here or with a worse value hand, I rather think he has some random 3x or backdoor flush, even though they are not so many combos I don't see any other hands in his range.

Good fold imo.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jachis
      Against a fish I would like raising his donkbet on flop, cause he will call with all the 9x, probabbly with 66,77,88 and some straightdraws.

As played I would valubet less on river just cause I expect him to be giving up a lot when checking the river. And I would also fold to his shove. You only beat his maybe overplayed 2pair, I think he has some 93,53,34 or some backdoored flush.
      +1
      also I think if you call flop you can raise turn for value with tptk for protection and value.
      Without any reads I would also b/f river.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Originally posted by jachis

+1
      also I think if you call flop you can raise turn for value with tptk for protection and value.
      Without any reads I would also b/f river.
      Agree with raising turn and playing for stacks if he wants to.