Turn: ($1.20, 3 players) J:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.85, CO calls $0.85, SB calls $0.85

River: ($3.75, 3 players) J:spade:
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $2.30, fold, fold

CO wins $3.57

is a blockbet on the river ok?
  • 3 replies
    • maheepsangari
      Nobody was value betting as it was checked on the flop all around and nobody really spiced it up on the turn either. Nevertheless 2 players called you on the turn. One of them has to have something even a J. So I don't think there's any point throwing anymore money into the pot on the river so I think no block bet.

I'm new to 6 max and was wondering that if you have no reads on your opponents(I'm assuming since you haven't posted any stats) should you be calling a raise with KQo from small blind? Shouldn't you just fold or raise? The guy opened from CO he cold very well be stealing your blinds and if the BU is tight he might be more inclined to do so with much worse hands so shouldn't you 3-Bet here and take the pot down in an attempt to re-steal?
    • Kaitz20

I think Jx would not fold there and Kx or Tx would likely not call there, so you can´t really bet for value. Also small bet might induce bluffraise, with showdown value and 1 player remaining I would check and consider calling small bet (in case if he is bluffing). c/f to large bet is fine.

best regards,
    • gnawhalak
      hello maheep..

yes, i do generally call with KQo from the blinds as I do play with a polarized range.. i raise with AQ+, JJ+, med suited connectors, and call with broadway - generally with hands that has high showdown value heads up..

in 6-max.. open from the CO is generally loose.. so raising with KQo would just isolate you against better hands that have you dominated postflop OOP..

thanks kaitz..