This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NLSH10: JJ IP, no 3-betting

• Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $10.99
      BU (Hero):
      $19.67
      SB:
      $10.05
      BB:
      $7.53
      MP2:
      $10.00
      MP3:
      $11.87

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, J.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.35, Hero calls $0.35, SB calls $0.30, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.15) 9, 5, 7 (3 players)
      SB checks, CO bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90, SB folds.

Turn: ($2.95) A (2 players)
      CO bets $2.10, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.95.

CO stats: (61 hands)
      21/19/30/9.5
      3.0/75/-/0

SB stats: (38 hands)
      13/9/7/4.3
      1.0/0/50/20

Preflop:
      I didn't want to 3bet him because CO folded 100% to 3-bets. Since I'm in position and both SB & BB were very tight I tried to get it HU with CO.

Flop:
      I think he's betting a decent amount of his range here also with missed hands, however I don't see him call worse hands when I raise him.

Turn:
      On one side it's a bad card because a lot of his range beats me know but on the other side it's the perfect card to barrel for him. Due to small samplesize I don't have stats/reads about that or about 3-barrel bluffing. So I was basically in doubt about call turn and fold to a riverbet or fold it here straight away. Because of the lack in stats I decided to make the weak fold. Correct or is this a 100% call?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

turn often hits his hand, so I think fold is fine. Personally I would 3-bet myself, since he needs to start defending at some point and JJ is good hand to 3-bet, since often you hit your overpair and can play for stacks postflop.

If you just call I would personally raise flop to 2$. He would very likely b/c with TT, you protect against Q, K, A and finally he knows that he can´t c-bet his air there 100%, which means you can start taking pot downs more often postflop if you don´t have anything.

best regards,
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Tnx for advice but do you feel comfortable to go broke with JJ overpair?