6x raise cash game

• SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      I only play sngs, but i have a chance to play in a live cash game with some pretty bad players,
      their first in raise is always 6x bb, is there a better way of exploiting that then just waiting for monsters?
  • 13 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      How is waiting for monsters exploiting someone that opens to 6bb?!
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      its not, how should i play?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      It's not different from online so your problem is limited cash game experience imo. :)

The raise size is less important than their range for raising and their usual reaction against 3bets. 3bet wide for value and call hands that play well multiway like high suits and small to medium pairs would be my default. You always have to adjust to their response though...
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      6x is actually quite a standard raise in live cash. As Manu says, the considerations would be pretty similar to any online cash game.

Players in a live game are usually pretty bad and call too wide. Hence, a 3x raise will often see pots go 4 or 5 ways.

Stack size is critical (as you will be aware from a SNG background) for implied odds, etc when deciding how to react. As are player tendancies. It's amazing live how many players have very obvious bet sizing tells pre flop. It's also amazing how some players will call a 3-bet super wide and then fold to a c-bet 75% plus.

It the game is deep and players call too much, you should probably also be making big open raises as well.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JonikoP
      6x is actually quite a standard raise in live cash. As Manu says, the considerations would be pretty similar to any online cash game.

Players in a live game are usually pretty bad and call too wide. Hence, a 3x raise will often see pots go 4 or 5 ways.

Stack size is critical (as you will be aware from a SNG background) for implied odds, etc when deciding how to react. As are player tendancies. It's amazing live how many players have very obvious bet sizing tells pre flop. It's also amazing how some players will call a 3-bet super wide and then fold to a c-bet 75% plus.

It the game is deep and players call too much, you should probably also be making big open raises as well.
      Yeah, I agree! Also, if there are antes in play, it's natural that the open raise size will be bigger in terms of BBs.
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      I play live quite a lot, I find 3betting basically any hand that is playable when in position is really +ev

They call with too wide a range, dont 4bet pre, dont cr bluff flops

They just play fit fold most of the time.

I would say I have around a 30% 3bet in live games and have had a lot of success with it
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      In my live homegame we limp or openraise 2bb-15bb pre :) you just need to big deepstacked :)
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      Thanks guys, firstly ill try with ~60 blinds and push after a raise (im gonna play it sng style :f_cool: ) if i like it i will keep it up if not ill try deepstacked...
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      this prolly seems stupid to you CG players... :D
    • MIMIso
      MIMIso
      Bronze
      My main game is live cash games(any limits, doesnt matter that much).

Callumn has a point, most of the player will NEVER 4bet bluff pre, if they do it, it's 100% QQ+. Spewing money and awkarwd bluffs happen only after the flop.

Most of the players dont care that much about the blinds and open raising rules. I've seen a 40bb open raise. :)

One important thing, if you have KK+ early position, the only way to play it is limp - 3bet. If you open UTG for any amount, you will get a 6-way pot. And then you are kinda screwd.
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      thanks dude
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      6x opens are standard live, people dont play live poker to fold to 4bb opens. BTW my usually open is 7.5bb. There are some action tables where I open for 13+bb.
      Also pls buyin for max if u have the br to do so.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      6BB standard raise usually means strong range.

but if people are doing 6BB with wide range of hands, that means it's free money for you. just keep attacking them with 3bets and pick up the free dead money.