This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 9Ts v fish

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $2.90
      BB (Hero):
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $10.24
      MP3:
      $5.26
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $10.84

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, 9.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.20, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.45) 7, 6, Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.50, MP3 calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.45) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, MP3 raises to $1.40, Hero calls $0.70.

River: ($4.25) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 raises to $3.16, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.25.

villain 63/13 af 1.4 34hands
  • 2 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Calling the turn is a mistake in my opinion. I like the raise on the flop and the continued aggression on the turn when you pick up a flushdraw, but calling his minraise on the turn just doesn't work very often. We have 12 outs so will only hit on the river <25% of the time. So 75% of the time we're c/f, and 25% we're c/r. But we're OOP which means he can check back the river when hearts hit, which account for 9 of our outs. We lose out on a lot of implied odds by being OOP in this situation, if we're IP a call might be acceptable.

However OOP I prefer to either shove the turn here or just fold, our equity isn't that great.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cozacu,

Flop: Why do you Check/Raise so small? It's pretty obvious that you rather have a weak hand with such a raise size.

As played
      Turn: Why do you CB so small? :P Of course there could be several reasons behind it that he is a station and mid-stack and I wouldn't mind. But I would still do it ~$0,80. And I do like the idea of Calling the min-raise. You are getting really good odds. Why should we shove? We ain't making any made hands to fold nor our equity isn't going to be good vs them.

Best Regards.