This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH50 - AK/AQ vs 3B

• chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $50,5
      MP3:
      $48,55

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , K:spade:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2,50, MP3 raises to $7,75, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

MP 3B = 3% so far.
      This line seems very strong and since i don't know which specific hands he plays like this i folded. I can only expect a coinflip if i haven't seen him go broke with AQ/AJ and i haven't invested much.

Known players:
      SB: 23/18 63 hands, 8% 3B
      BB: 90/10 11 hands

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , Q:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,50, BU folds, SB raises to $5,00, BB calls $4,50, Hero???

I can't put wahrong on an exact but it should be a little bit wider.
      My options are:
      Fold - Don't lose any more money.

Call - Play a 3B pot 3way in Position,
      pros: up against a very fishy player
      cons: can't be sure if i'm dominated by SB

4B - If 4B i have to go broke and it's very unlikely that a weaker hand can pay me.

What's the best option here?
      What would be the best option if the BB doesn't call? With only 60 hands on SB i guess just folding?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

If you have been isolating him before then I would not really raise/fold pf AK, so I at least see the flop and likely would c/c down on Kxx, Axx boards.

With AQ I think call is the most optimal line. Sb 3-betting range is definitely wider than AQ, also you are ip+ there are dead money in the pot likely very bad and loose player which one you can stack if you hit your tp hand.
      4-betting is good if you know that SB would get all-in TT/JJ/AQ hands, that way you´re also isolating yourself against loose player and can get all-in most boards if you 4-bet to 20$

Best regards,
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20

If you have been isolating him before then I would not really raise/fold pf AK, so I at least see the flop and likely would c/c down on Kxx, Axx boards.

Best regards,
      Only played 5 hands on this table so far so he is not playing back.
      Still call oop?