Chip EV

• TheMoment
      TheMoment
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

my Chip won is(minus) -20 000$, and Adjusted(EV) Chip won is 250 000$.

I play 7$ turbo STT

So basicly was wondering if this means anything.

so... chip won only goes up when you win STT(finish 1st). However, if you finish 2nd or 3rd or 9th, it goes down.

if you lose tourney, EV chip won goes up(unless you loose with 0% equity)
      if you win however, it allways goes down, because you never win with 100% equity.

So I was wondering, it should even out someday? shouldn't it?

so does it mean that I am running bad or it will be like that forever?
  • 5 replies
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      it does mean that you'r running bad, and it kind of should even out someday, but don't focus on ev lines and etc, just play your A game, learn and grind, the results will come
    • TheMoment
      TheMoment
      Bronze
      thank you. It's hard to say if I am just running bad or I am fish. That's why I am asking :f_frown:
    • ohmesohrny
      ohmesohrny
      Basic
      EV in sngs is sort of inaccurate. If your playing correct sng strategy you will be going all in for more often with weaker hands then normal. As long as you are making the coreect plays theres no need to worry. I would get sng wizard to find out if your making the right plays.

Shoving 85 and other trash hands is often the correct play in sngs. When you get called and lose when they have a better hand will make your ev look terrible. So even though we lose the hand and were behind it was still the correct play. This is why i never pay attention to ev for sngs

[Edited by HollyMichelle]
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi all,

Moved this to SnG Beginners Discussion for you.

@Ohmesohrny: Edited out the link, as it isn't allowed to advertise competitors.
      I trust you understand.

Regards to all,

Mal.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ohmesohrny
      When you get called and lose when they have a better hand will make your ev look terrible.
      That's not how the all-in luck adjustment works. In fact, if you keep getting your money in with a weaker hand and lose, the adjustment will be to increase your estimated ROI. Also, making a profitable push with a weak hand will increase your adjusted EV on average, just as it improves your average profit.

Whether you are getting your money in ahead or behind, the luck adjustment is supposed to have an average value of 0. If you lose, the luck adjustment is positive. If you win, the luck adjustment is negative.

If you find this confusing, simply ignore the luck adjustment. The adjusted results converge to your long run average slightly faster than your actual results do, and this is helpful to some people, but it's more helpful to study how to play winning poker than to study luck adjustments.