This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH TPTK on a Suited Board

• Cervus
      Cervus
      Bronze
      0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , K:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.00) Q:heart: , K:heart: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BB raises to $3.00, Hero calls $1.50.

C-bet with possibility of a nut flush.

Turn: ($8.00) T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $3, Hero calls $3.00.

Still hope for a nut flush.

River: ($14.00) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $4.50, Hero folds.

Should I have called here?

Final Pot: $18.50
  • 5 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      interesting hand
      I would bet pot and maybe think of semi-blufiing, if the guy often raises my cbets. (flop)

4:1 on the river, probably could call. don't see a lot of hands that you can beat though
    • Zuckerzocker
      Zuckerzocker
      Bronze
      You can also shove the flop with top pair best kicker and nutflushdraw.

As played you had to call the river. It is not unlikely that you beat a smaller Ace or just a busted flush draw.
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      i would have reraised the flop too. A lot of outs (nut flush + trips + twopairs= wow in heads-up). You already have top pair topkicker, which is the hand you wanted to find playing AK preflop, with a lot of outs in bonus!

Moreover: i never respect minraise, especially when i have a monstruous hand in headsup.
    • whipflip15
      whipflip15
      Bronze
      You practically have the nuts on the flop. Well not really but great equity vs any hand. 3betting flop to ~$9 and pushing turn is given for me. You make more money when you use your fold equity and they fold. Plus it eliminates hard decision on later streets.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You may:
      - 3-bet flop/call shove
      - call flop, shove turn
      - call flop, call turn, call river

Since there isn´t too many cards that could hurt you I would go for second choice, since his turn bet looked weak+ I might be still ahead against flushdraws+ I have fold equity+ against flush I have 7 outs and against set I have 9 outs and against two pair hand I have 12 outs.