Greetings from Mexico

• jleonra
      jleonra
      Bronze
      Hello guys, I'm mexican and recently started playing poker with real money, i got the initial $10 dollars out of the $50 yesterday, played some Limit and No Limit HE, in the limit tables i won over a dollar in the 0.02/0.04 and in the NL table i won $4, also played 2 SNG one i busted the other i cashed out $3.5 bucks and finally played a 300+ players $1 MTT where i finished 14 and cashed out $4.9 bucks :P

I really look forward to learn more about strategy and BRM so i can build a decent BR and start playing at higher limits, :P

In Titan mi nickname is IrBad and in PS you'll find me as jleonra usually playing Fifty50 at the lower levels :P and ocasionally losing my winnings at the NL tables xD
  • 13 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Well hello there jleonra, welcome to the Pokerstrategy.com English community!

Seems like you got started already then! :D

So if you click the link called 'Questions?' at the bottom of this page, it will take you to loads of information to help you NOT go broke at the tables, whatever your game choice! :)

Notice you can join the Beginners No Limit Course for FREE using the link at the bottom as well if you like cash games!

Have fun and if you need any help finding your way around, just ask, it's what this community is all about!

Best regards,

Mal.
    • jleonra
      jleonra
      Bronze
      thank you, the course looks really awesome I'm signing up asap, lets see if at the end of it, i stop breaking even and start winning consistently.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Excellent choice jleonra, you will not regret that decision I assure you!

Here's an idea; why not start a blog so we can follow your progress? It's a great way to get others involved and you will get loads of really great advice for your game to!

Have fun with learning and go get 'em! :s_cool:

Mal.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Awesome to see new members excited and ready to put in the effort

Good look my Mexican friend, by the way whereabouts in Mexico do you hail from?

Carl
    • jleonra
      jleonra
      Bronze
      i was born in Mexico City but because of my dad's job i moved arround the country constantly through my childhood :p just in recent years i finally settle down 1h away from México City in a more quiet place, since i grew up in small towns (turistic destinations really, Cancún, Acapulco, Mazatlán) I'm not too fond of bussy big cities.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Sounds nice did you have a favorite of those places? or have you always just longed for the quiet places?
    • jleonra
      jleonra
      Bronze
      Well i was very young when i was in Cancún, so i couldn't enjoy the caribean as i could, but i go there as often as i can on vacations because I just love snorkeling in the reefs, i think because of my "fishy" nature :f_cool: hahahaha or maybe it is the nature way of telling me i should be a :s_biggrin: thriving among the fish xD

Anyway Mazatlán is probably my favorite place to live, i grew up as a teen, i made most of my best friends there and also experienced my first love there too. Many good memories, beautiful girls and because of the heat very few clothes ;)
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Just googled it, wow looks beautiful

You gonna keep us updated on how your poker goes?
    • jleonra
      jleonra
      Bronze
      sure, as soon as i make a good plan and some objectives i'll make a blog.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Awesome will look out for you in the blog section then :)

Give me a shout if you need any help with anything
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey jleonra,

I see you've joined the Beginners Course, you wont regret it for sure! How are you liking the course far, learnt alot?

You haven't made your Blog yet either :( Go! do it now! :D

Whats it like living in Mexico? Like Carl said, it looks lovely place, planning to stay there all your life, or move out somewhere?
    • jleonra
      jleonra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Hey jleonra,

I see you've joined the Beginners Course, you wont regret it for sure! How are you liking the course far, learnt alot?

You haven't made your Blog yet either :( Go! do it now! :D

Whats it like living in Mexico? Like Carl said, it looks lovely place, planning to stay there all your life, or move out somewhere?

Hi Matt, yeah i like the course so far, everyday i study, some lessons i have to study'em twice and also take some notes for future reference :P i wish i could do 1 lession a day but it in reality i can only do 1 every 3-4 days, 1 week even.

Well about the blog i want to get a bit better before starting it, i don't want to look that bad when reporting my progress xD maybe in 2 weeks with more experience and confidence in my play i'll do it.

About living in México well, i really like it for the most part, growing up traveling arround the country was awesome getting to know lots of people, making friends in very different places, i've been from coast to coast and from south to north, very beautiful places others not so much :f_mad: .

It has been hard though the past few years with the drug cartels fighting each other but since i live close to the capital things are pretty calm, just the normal big metropoli problems.

I've always wanted to live in some snowy place just because we don't have that kind of weather in México, plus i've lived in tropical places most of my life :f_biggrin:
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hello and welcome :f_biggrin:

Roo