[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH TPTK on a Suited Board, Again

• Cervus
      Cervus
      Bronze
      0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:heart: , T:spade:
      MP2 calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, BU raises to $0.50, SB folds, BB calls $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25.

Not sure if limping was an appropriate move. Guess I should have folded.

Flop: ($2.60) 9:club: , 2:heart: , 6:diamond: (5 players)
      BB checks, MP2 bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, BU calls $0.25, BB folds.

Calling a minraise with overcards.

Turn: ($3.60) T:club: (4 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $2, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $4.00, Hero calls $2.00.

Yippee! But what the deal with the re-raise? Was calling an acceptable move?

River: ($11.60) K:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $5.50, Hero folds.

Thought he might have got a flush.

Final Pot: $17.10
  • 4 replies
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      I would raise preflop. Then I don't think all would called, and then might make a continuation bet on flop, depends on how many players and read. Turn is bet/fold I think, so many players pf limp/calling often tells they got small PP.
      River fold.
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Depending on the SHC he uses, i wouldn't advice to raise ATo MP3 everytime (i don't know the SHC given by PS).
      But ATo is of course a raising hand. You play that hand for a top pair w/ aces, or a TPTK w/ the T... So you need pot's were these hands are good, they are pretty awful in multiway pots. You have to raise or fold these hands.
      That hand offers no draw (offsuit), and almost no straight (3 gutshots o_O!)

Preflop, i would have raised or folded ATo.

On the flop, there are a lot of players, but you have too overcards ==> 6 outs. With that much opponents, you should discount atleast 4 outs! You fall down to 2 outs! Clearly not enough for a call. This is the reason At is a limping hand: you can't draw with it in multiway pots.
      You can't know if you hand is good enough to win the pot, even if you hit an ace or ten on the turn. So i would have folded the turn, 'cause i don't want to invest more money on a hand i wouldn't have played like that preflop, and in which i'm certainly already beaten or drawing dead.
    • whipflip15
      whipflip15
      Bronze
      Either raise or fold pre. I don't recommend limping. You get awkward decisions post flop. I would fold flop but as played if you decide to bet turn it should be a bit more but folding to the strong looking checkraise.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by whipflip15
      Either raise or fold pre. I don't recommend limping. You get awkward decisions post flop. I would fold flop but as played if you decide to bet turn it should be a bit more but folding to the strong looking checkraise.