Damian 'Spungeh'

• Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Hello,

Well got told to drop by here, so could be instructive to me. Although I dont really know what to be doing :D

But abit about myself, been playing poker since I was 6? And now im 19, so got alot of experiance with the game, just not all of it to actualy play it :)

If i could be pointed in right direction..

sorry for being such a big :f_confused:

oh I cant gain PSP so dont know if that will affect me on this course?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck Spungeh,

Hopefully you will enjoy around here. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, we will be around for you. Meanwhile good luck on tables, we will be waiting for your homework.

You can now start with your 1st Lesson:
      Lesson #1

The whole course plan:
      Overview of Beginners Course

Well, it doesn't affect that much on the course, you still can do it but will be more difficult to read and watch other stuff later on. Don't plan to deposit on some tracked account?

Best Regards.
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker? (Be as vague or specific as you want with this one, but try to think of all the reasons and elaborate on them.)

Long term money making, a career, enjoyment, social aspects, the challenge, Because people said I cant.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker? (What are the mistakes you know you are making during your games? Are you playing while you're tired? Are you tilting easily? Want to see the showdown too much? Write down as many as you think are affecting you.)

curiosity killed the cat, althoug have a coach to oversee this kind of stuff now.. so ill know in more detail soon

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive? (Describe in your own words what playing tight aggressive is and why does it work.)

play preminums, and play them fast
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

In poker you have to be self-critical and from understanding what are your weakness makes you only better. :) So try to concentrate a bit and find your leaks and weaknesses and of course lets try to fix them together. For example what about tilt? For example do you overview your session?

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      I currently have a coach for a mid-term deal for the next 3months.. So leaks etc are coming out..

Its mainly just in sticky situations, pre-flop that I dont really understand.. Post flop im ok.. and putting people on ranges are all tricky atm.

:)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Spungeh
      I currently have a coach for a mid-term deal for the next 3months.. So leaks etc are coming out..

Its mainly just in sticky situations, pre-flop that I dont really understand.. Post flop im ok.. and putting people on ranges are all tricky atm.

:)
      Trust me, there is a lot to learn in preflop game. :) You might just know the basics. When it comes to 3bet/4bet/5betting and not only for value it will be much different game.

And great to hear that you have a Coach, I hope you enjoy being coached.