This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH Yet Another Donkey Bet

• Cervus
      Cervus
      Bronze
      0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:club: , A:heart:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, BU folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.25) Q:spade: , 4:heart: , 6:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.25, Hero raises to $1.50, SB calls $1.25.

Turn: ($5.25) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($5.25) 9:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $6.25

Should I have played more aggressively on turn and river?
  • 4 replies
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      if you thought your A-high was good, maybe you could have made a very small bet on the turn as a kind of block bet for the river? i don't think A-high is good here though. i think he could easily have som kind of pair, and a lot of the time you can't move him off of that kind of hand, so maybe you should only try to push him out if you have a read that tells you that he often folds hands like that.
      i'm not sure about any of that though :) i'd like to hear what others say
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Why do you reraise the flop? you should justify this moove with a read or a comment you had on villain. Your hand is crap on the flop and you reraise. Moreover your reraise is extremely small. If a reraise, do it to $2!

Of course check/fold turn + river. Your hand is extremely bad here.

If you had reads on villain, you should tell us. Without reads you couldn't play that hand this way i think.
      You could also call the flop with a nice pot odds of 10:1.
    • whipflip15
      whipflip15
      Bronze
      Calling flop is fine and raising is fine but you would have to raise a bit more. If you raise flop i think you pretty much have to bet turn and try take down the pot. With AK i would do this but AT i would just call flop.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would 90% re-raise these weak leads, since they might be on draw or have very weak hand or just bet with anything.
      I would re-raise at least 2$, since that would increase probably my fold equity.
      I would also check behind on the turn and fold to river bet