[NL2-NL10] Nl 5 Kk

• JayyRoc
      JayyRoc
      Bronze
      Not sure how I am supposed to play this hand :/ This spot happens quite frequent, where i 3 bet and an ace hits on the flop when im OOP . I tried to get value from worse PP by checking the flop.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:

MP1:
      $17.92
      MP2:
      $5.00
      MP3:
      $2.05
      CO:
      $4.24
      BU:
      $3.97
      SB (Hero):
      $5.55
      BB:
      $5.00
      UTG2:
      $5.22

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K.
      UTG2 calls $0.05, 4 folds, BU raises to $0.25, Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, BU calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.6) 9, A, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($1.6) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.02, BU calls $1.02.

River: ($3.64) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.61, BU calls $2.20(All-In).

Final Pot: $8.45.

Results follow:

BU shows two pairs, aces and queens(Ac Qd).

Hero shows a pair of kings(Kc Ks).

BU wins with two pairs, aces and queens(Ac Qd).
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      He is going to have an Ace pretty often when he calls your 3bet (AQ, AJ? AT?)
      He will be scared of it and will not call more than 1 bet with a non-ace.
      You can only get 1 street of value at most.

As played I probably check/call the Flop or Turn once. If it goes check check, I valuebet the River.
    • AxsisHalon
      AxsisHalon
      Bronze
      preflop: ok
      postflop: why u do not Cbet? being OOP in 3bet pot I'd fire on the flop and represent an ace, and I 2nd barrell on the turn sometimes( BU 3bet calling range hardly hit an Ace) as u still can get value from lower PPs and f draws, if get called check/fold the river.

postflop as played: if u gave up ur hand on the flop, why u bet the turn? what kind of hand u may represent on the turn which has not been bet on flop?? Ax always Cbet that kind of flop.
      check/fold the river u dont beat much there, just bluffs and lower PPs
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Why do you bet the turn here? We are only getting called by better and folding out all worse.

As mbml said, he has an A in his 3b calling range a lot, but also has a load of pocket pairs. The best line here imo is to check the flop, planning on calling one street vs an average TAG and giving up vs more aggression. If he checks back the flop we check turn again, again with the plan to call one bet. If he checks back the turn we can value bet the river pretty small to get calls from hands like Qx, JJ, TT as we haven't repped the A at all.

Yes we play our hand pretty face up with this line, but it doesn't really matter on NL5 as players are generally just playing their own hands.