This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NLSH25 FH facing donk shove

• summermonkey
      summermonkey
      Bronze
      BB: $28.52 (114.1 bb)
      UTG: $25 (100 bb)
      MP: $30.35 (121.4 bb)
      Hero (CO): $26.31 (105.2 bb)
      BTN: $37.51 (150 bb)
      SB: $26.06 (104.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:club: Q:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, SB folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.35) 5:club: T:club: 9:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.68, BTN folds, BB calls $1.68

Turn: ($5.71) T:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4.08, BB calls $4.08

River: ($13.87) T:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $22.01, Hero ???

I was thinking he could have the flush as he seemed a little fishy and might try to slowplay his flush. His donk shove on the river was quite puzzling.

What would the best line be?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      probably a call even though I am not feeling very good about the overbet. This guy must be super fishy to overplay a flush here. But he could have 9X for a worse full house. This is largely dependent on opponent's tendencies as usual, since this is an uncommon spot. Could he have AA/KK which opted not to squeeze? If so, I would be thinking about folding here. But if that's the case he could also have JJ.

How many TX hands are in his range? A tight guy should only have broadway TX hands. A VPIP 100% guy could have any TX hand in his range. A loose guy is also going to have 9X more often but is he aggressive enough to randomly turn it into a bluff on the River?

Better alternative line

I also think your turn bet is way too thin. We lose to flushes and trips, we can't really get 2 more streets of value. We also have Qc which allows us to bluff catch on any flush completing river. I check back and bet or call a bet on the River.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Better alternative line

I also think your turn bet is way too thin. We lose to flushes and trips, we can't really get 2 more streets of value. We also have Qc which allows us to bluff catch on any flush completing river. I check back and bet or call a bet on the River.[/quote]This and I would also bet 2 on the flop
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think betting turn is perfectly fine for value/protection. he has there so many pair+draw or just flushdraws that would going to call again. River he is only reping one hand Tx, that would often c/r turn himself. I would not fold to his river shove

best regards,