BB: $28.52 (114.1 bb)
      UTG: $25 (100 bb)
      MP: $30.35 (121.4 bb)
      Hero (CO): $26.31 (105.2 bb)
      BTN: $37.51 (150 bb)
      SB: $26.06 (104.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:club: Q:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, SB folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.35) 5:club: T:club: 9:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.68, BTN folds, BB calls $1.68

Turn: ($5.71) T:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4.08, BB calls $4.08

River: ($13.87) T:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $22.01, Hero ???

I was thinking he could have the flush as he seemed a little fishy and might try to slowplay his flush. His donk shove on the river was quite puzzling.

What would the best line be?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      probably a call even though I am not feeling very good about the overbet. This guy must be super fishy to overplay a flush here. But he could have 9X for a worse full house. This is largely dependent on opponent's tendencies as usual, since this is an uncommon spot. Could he have AA/KK which opted not to squeeze? If so, I would be thinking about folding here. But if that's the case he could also have JJ.

How many TX hands are in his range? A tight guy should only have broadway TX hands. A VPIP 100% guy could have any TX hand in his range. A loose guy is also going to have 9X more often but is he aggressive enough to randomly turn it into a bluff on the River?

Better alternative line

I also think your turn bet is way too thin. We lose to flushes and trips, we can't really get 2 more streets of value. We also have Qc which allows us to bluff catch on any flush completing river. I check back and bet or call a bet on the River.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Better alternative line

I also think your turn bet is way too thin. We lose to flushes and trips, we can't really get 2 more streets of value. We also have Qc which allows us to bluff catch on any flush completing river. I check back and bet or call a bet on the River.[/quote]This and I would also bet 2 on the flop
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think betting turn is perfectly fine for value/protection. he has there so many pair+draw or just flushdraws that would going to call again. River he is only reping one hand Tx, that would often c/r turn himself. I would not fold to his river shove

best regards,