UTG: $38.91
      UTG+1: $45.18
      MP: $20.00
      MP+1: $18.35
      CO: $27.52
      Hero (BTN): $26.20

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero has A:heart: Q:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, BB raises to $1.60, Hero raises to $4.00, BB calls $2.40

Flop: ($8.10, 2 players) J:spade: 8:spade: 5:heart:
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($8.10, 2 players) 6:heart:
      BB bets $4.05, fold

This player was very annoying. He was 3betting me all the time. I couldn't play any isolating because of his sick manners :(
      He did it 10 times vs me in the session which last about 90'. At the beginning I folded even AK when he did it first time but after then I was 4betting him.
      what can we do against this player?
      - blind stealing: reduce steal from x3 to x2
      - change seat. It is the easiest solve the problem but I want to play with bad player on the right
      - isolation bad player. I stopped isolating bad player with marginal hands and I did it with value hands.
      As I you can see in this example I started 4betting him on BW but without any results I did it twice with AQo and I didn't hit my out.
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      Hi there. I doubt you really need to change seat unless you think you are getting owned. But this guy is just opening himself up to massive exploitation from you.
      1. 2BB min raise as mentioned by you
      2. Tighten up Pre-Flop. I'm not sure how often you are stealing. If you are raising 40-50% from BU i would keep it at that. Definitely not opening more than 50% of hands.
      3. When someone bluff-raises you so often, you need to base your action on his 3-bet range composition as well as how he reacts to 4bets.

A) He folds a lot to 4bets - Solution is to 4bet bluff him a lot and only 4bet JJ+/AK for value. Call with medium strength hands like AQ and TT to keep the air part of his range in the hand.
      B) He calls 4 bets a lot but folds on the Flop a lot - Same as A, just keep making 40% pot cbets and your bluff only needs to work like 30% of the time to be profitable on the Flop.
      C) He shoves over your 4bets with a wide range of hands - Time to widen your value range. Add TT and maybe 99, as well as AQ to your 4bet value range. We are ahead of random AX or 22-77 type of hands which an aggressive 5better should have on his range.
      D) He calls 4bets a lot and floats the Flop a lot - I just start betting Flop and shoving potsize on Turn to make him fold his random shit. Check/calling on certain low boards to bluff induce is also an option.

As played I really doubt you are making huge mistakes given his wide ranges. Just bet 3$ into 8$ and you can get away with a pretty cheap steal. If he is often leading into you as a bluff you can always call the Turn to bluff catch him, we are beating so many hands like KQ/AT or some other random suited connector after all.
    • veriz
      Hello BGawli,

What I usually do is that before you sit on the tables you should already know around your regs and who are maniacs, just sit so that you have position on them. :) They can make you really tilty during the game, especially when you are running bad. So watch out for that rather than continue sitting on the same spot while you ain't comfortable with it, as it seems so right now. Why should it be bad to change seat to have pos on him? I don't see any problem with it as long it's possible.

Another possibility would be to just tighten up and wait for a hand, especially those hands as AQo and such type hands you can turn into value-4b as you played. But if you do that then I would also CB such boards when you have the position and definitely fold equity while being PFA, ~1/2 pot size should work out.

Best Regards.