$40.39
      SB:
      $25.03
      BB (Hero):
      $27.18
      MP3:
      $30.94

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, Q.
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.6) T, Q, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, CO calls $1.00.

Turn: ($2.6) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, CO calls $2.00.

River: ($6.6) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50.

Final Pot: $17.6.

Villain is 40/7, AF 1.3, RAF 3.5, RAFq 35%

I am wondering about the river action? He has shown he can be pretty active regarding stats, so I am c/c this river and giving him a chance to stab all open enders or random midpairs, air etc.

Is this a fancy play sindrom and I lose to much value over long run from Tx and worse Q's?
      Should I be concerned about FD completing on turn?
  • 10 replies
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      I would preffer bet/folding turn and bet/folding river around 1/2pot or even less, to get value from all his Qx hands or worse 2pairs. If he raises then I would fold cause all the FD's got there on turn and J9 got there on river.

I guess ch/calling the river is fine if you expect him to take a stab with all the hands he misses on the river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Gregor86,

While couple of draws complete I would definitely be inclined to Bet/Fold the turn for free showdown & which means Check/Fold the river. J9/FD completed, so I don't really see how many hands we really beat here.

Best Regards.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      So his river aggression stats are not relevant in this spot? As in his are a bit off peak?

Thanks!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Gregor86
      So his river aggression stats are not relevant in this spot? As in his are a bit off peak?

Thanks!
      Well, lets take it this way. What hands do you think you beat which is betting? As long he Checks behind all pairs what we beat.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Well how do I know he doesn't stab Q9, QJ, QK on river with that AFQ. There are prolly even some wors Qx's in his 40% VPIP.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Gregor86
      Well how do I know he doesn't stab Q9, QJ, QK on river with that AFQ. There are prolly even some wors Qx's in his 40% VPIP.
      Nah, you wont see that. :( He isn't betting Qx for value, even regs wouldn't do that and neither I doubt that a loose opponent would.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Thank you :f_cool:
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      this is negative free rolling. he checks back all worse hands and bets all better hands.

you can bet/fold or check/fold.

I wouldn't mind making a 35-50% pot size bet on the River, depending on how bad/loose villain is. A bet that gets a crying call from KQ and AQ.
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      I would definitely bet/fold river. Villain is 40/7 so I think he has Tx, Qx enough here.

About his river AF. How big is your sample there? When I see some fish is aggressive postflop, I go check those hands because they often just hit a strong hand a couple of times.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by lpdlamei
      I would definitely bet/fold river. Villain is 40/7 so I think he has Tx, Qx enough here.

About his river AF. How big is your sample there? When I see some fish is aggressive postflop, I go check those hands because they often just hit a strong hand a couple of times.
      Yep, true. He has a lot of Qx hands, either Check/Fold it or Bet/Fold it as block-bet smallish.