This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25, QT twopair

• TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $18.23
      BU:
      $40.39
      SB:
      $25.03
      BB (Hero):
      $27.18
      MP3:
      $30.94

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, Q.
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.6) T, Q, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, CO calls $1.00.

Turn: ($2.6) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, CO calls $2.00.

River: ($6.6) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50.

Final Pot: $17.6.

Villain is 40/7, AF 1.3, RAF 3.5, RAFq 35%

I am wondering about the river action? He has shown he can be pretty active regarding stats, so I am c/c this river and giving him a chance to stab all open enders or random midpairs, air etc.

Is this a fancy play sindrom and I lose to much value over long run from Tx and worse Q's?
      Should I be concerned about FD completing on turn?
  • 10 replies
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      I would preffer bet/folding turn and bet/folding river around 1/2pot or even less, to get value from all his Qx hands or worse 2pairs. If he raises then I would fold cause all the FD's got there on turn and J9 got there on river.

I guess ch/calling the river is fine if you expect him to take a stab with all the hands he misses on the river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Gregor86,

While couple of draws complete I would definitely be inclined to Bet/Fold the turn for free showdown & which means Check/Fold the river. J9/FD completed, so I don't really see how many hands we really beat here.

Best Regards.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      So his river aggression stats are not relevant in this spot? As in his are a bit off peak?

Thanks!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Gregor86
      So his river aggression stats are not relevant in this spot? As in his are a bit off peak?

Thanks!
      Well, lets take it this way. What hands do you think you beat which is betting? As long he Checks behind all pairs what we beat.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Well how do I know he doesn't stab Q9, QJ, QK on river with that AFQ. There are prolly even some wors Qx's in his 40% VPIP.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Gregor86
      Well how do I know he doesn't stab Q9, QJ, QK on river with that AFQ. There are prolly even some wors Qx's in his 40% VPIP.
      Nah, you wont see that. :( He isn't betting Qx for value, even regs wouldn't do that and neither I doubt that a loose opponent would.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Thank you :f_cool:
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      this is negative free rolling. he checks back all worse hands and bets all better hands.

you can bet/fold or check/fold.

I wouldn't mind making a 35-50% pot size bet on the River, depending on how bad/loose villain is. A bet that gets a crying call from KQ and AQ.
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      I would definitely bet/fold river. Villain is 40/7 so I think he has Tx, Qx enough here.

About his river AF. How big is your sample there? When I see some fish is aggressive postflop, I go check those hands because they often just hit a strong hand a couple of times.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by lpdlamei
      I would definitely bet/fold river. Villain is 40/7 so I think he has Tx, Qx enough here.

About his river AF. How big is your sample there? When I see some fish is aggressive postflop, I go check those hands because they often just hit a strong hand a couple of times.
      Yep, true. He has a lot of Qx hands, either Check/Fold it or Bet/Fold it as block-bet smallish.