Not winning, not loosing!

• andysgunshop
      andysgunshop
      Bronze
      Hello, first of thanks to pokerstrategy for everything the site offer.

I have played online poker now for a week, started with the 50$ capital that pokerstrategy gives out. On the week I have played I have learned alot, played alot, read alot, but it seems it doesnt help me to much, I definitly have some leaks in my game cuz I am stuck at the 50$.
      First day I played I got up to 70$, next day I was back to 50$, and the next day after that I was down to 30$, worked my way up back to 50$, got up to 60$, down to 50$ again, then to 40$ and so on. And today I am still at 50$.

I am playing at 5NL stakes and usually play on 1-2 tables at once. My strategy is playing few hands, and only primal hands at the button, but I do change my game after the situation. I buy in with max on the tables btw which is 10$, and doesnt use the SSS strategy (i did the first 3 days btw but I felt it didnt work out that well) anyway I have a mix of the SSS strategy and some other strategys I have read. But it doesnt work out for me, so if anyone know what the leak in my play is, pleast post :) .

I have played about 2500 hands, anyway here is some statistic over my last 500hands.

500 hands played and saw flop:
      24 times out of 62 while in small blind (39%)
      35 times out of 63 while in big blind (56%)
      61 times out of 375 in other positions (16%)
      a total of 120 times out of 500 (24%)
      Pots won at showdown - 17 out of 29 (59%)
      Pots won without showdown - 44
  • 8 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Hi andysgunshop,
      first of all: You really need to work on your bankrollmanagment!
      My advise would be to stop playing deepstacked because the play changes quiet a lot if you play with 200BB!
      If you follow our BRM (what I would highly recomment) you should play NL2$ as a normal bigstack or NL10 SSS.

If you mix the SSS with "some other strategys" and play with 200 Bigblinds I think your strategy is most likely doomed.
      There are also strategy-articles for the bigstack strategy which you should read first, before you play as a bigstack.

Best regards

Chiller3k
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      I agree with what chiller said.

Sometin' I wanna add is: don't try out your luck, since you win many showdowns, it seems like you are kinda lucky. I think that number should normally be marginally over 50, and 59 is quite high, which might mean you've been relatively lucky so far.

As for the options:

2$ buy in deepstacked, .01/.02 tables
      2$ buy in shortstacked, .05/.10 tables
      1$ buy in s&g's (there is a basic strategy for those too now)

And another advice: this is only your first post. Post hands, ask handjudges what they think about your plays. They're all experienced highrollers, and can help you improve.
    • andysgunshop
      andysgunshop
      Bronze
      thanks for responding.

I have tryed out the 2$ buy in at 5NL tables, and indeed it feels much safer and more comfortable to play, not risking 20% of my bankroll at one table. I will also keep up with posting questions. And again thanks :) .
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Do you want to play the SSS or do you want to play as a big stack?

If you want to play the bigstack strategy you should play on NL2 (Blinds: 1cent/2cent)
      If you want to play the SSS you should play on NL10 (Blinds 0,05$/0,1$)

What you are playing is neither SSS nor BSS because you buy in with 40 Bigblinds.
    • andysgunshop
      andysgunshop
      Bronze
      oki, i give the SSS a try at 10NL table. I will post how it goes.

edit - when should I leave the tables, following SSS strategy it should be around 3$?
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      when you have about 25 bigblinds

but if you do not know that, maybe you should read the articles first, before you start playing

Good luck,

Chiller3k
    • andysgunshop
      andysgunshop
      Bronze
      Ye I knew that ;)
    • andysgunshop
      andysgunshop
      Bronze
      So I have followed the SSS strategy at 10NL tables, and play about 4 tables at once and it works like hell. The reason it didnt worked out that well for me the first three days was probably because I had none experience with online poker at all, and to poker anyway (ive always known the basic stuff tho). Anyway I dont think I learn to much by the strategy, but that comes later I guess when I move up in limit?