[NL20-NL50] Nl30sh AKo

• jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Villain is a 21/14 , fold to 3bet 67%, 4betfq 13%, AF 1.4, wtsd 18%.
      $0.15/$0.30 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($30)
      UTG+1 ($22.50)
      CO ($129)
      BTN ($30)
      hero (SB) ($29.70)
      BB ($47.15)

Pre-Flop: ($0.45, 6 players) hero is SB K:heart: A:spade:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.30, BTN raises to $0.90, hero raises to $3.30, 1 fold, CO folds, BTN calls $2.40

Flop: J:club: A:heart: 9:spade: ($7.20, 2 players)
      hero bets $4.20, BTN calls $4.20

Turn: 7:diamond: ($15.60, 2 players)
      hero bets $7, BTN folds

Final Pot: $8.60
      hero shows
      K:heart: A:spade:

hero wins $28.82 (net +$14.32)

CO lost $0.30
      BTN lost $7.50

I was 3betting a bunch at the table so my 3bet could easlily get less credit and induce lighter calls. What range can I give him that calls a 3bet here. Some broadways, some weaker pairs and AQ and maybe AJ?

When he calls the flop, should I just bet turn, bet river, cause I only see AQ as the only hand I can get value from here. Also I dont think that a check might induce a bet from weaker hands, cause he more on the passive side.
  • 4 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      I would go for 3 even more barrels in the range of 1/3 to 1/2 pot. This way you will get sometimes value from weaker hands imo, top pair and KK,QQ, maybe he will call with some sd's that he has will have in his range (because of your aggro image)
    • Rastlin1
      Rastlin1
      Bronze
      whats his fold to Cbet? I wonder if he is trying to float here with smaller pairs? then again maybe Im wrong
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      I would go for 3 even more barrels in the range of 1/3 to 1/2 pot. This way you will get sometimes value from weaker hands imo, top pair and KK,QQ, maybe he will call with some sd's that he has will have in his range (because of your aggro image)
      I expect him to 4bet KK and QQ pre. When played my plan was to go for 3 streets of value, but now I just dont see from what do I get the value here.
      Originally posted by Rastlin1
      whats his fold to Cbet? I wonder if he is trying to float here with smaller pairs? then again maybe Im wrong
      He's fold to cbet was around 50% and I think they can float the flop sometimes, but not the turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jachis,

Most likely if you were playing like maniac and he could be playing back and have floats there I would still Check the turn. I mean you ain't getting 3 streets of value unless he has the Ace, he ain't calling you with KK/QQ on turn neither. So rather let him bluff or if he checks you bet the river for thin value and he might still make a hero-call.

Best Regards.