pokerstars points

• cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I read an article which I cant find now. I am pretty sure it was about pokerstars. It had about playing points tournaments and then exchanging the prize for dollars. Which points tournaments is it best to play? Am new to stars and dont fully understand.

thx stiev!
  • 4 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello cannell555,

PokerStars allows you to unregister from tournaments - and they will credit the buyin amount to your bankroll as tournaments dollars (money that can only be used to buy into tournaments). This means you can play satellites for FPP or money and win buy-ins into large tournaments (e.g. Daily 50k or Sunday Million) and then unregister for the buyin. You can then play SNGs with this tournament money to turn it into real money.

This is quite lucrative as the FPP satellites (and most other satellites as well) are really soft and fishy.

I hope this is what you were asking about :)

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Thanyou, that is a huge help. Is it more profitable to play the 70fpp or the higher fbb buyins?

Tanks again!
      Stiev
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      Thanyou, that is a huge help. Is it more profitable to play the 70fpp or the higher fbb buyins?

Tanks again!
      Stiev
      Well the 70 FPP qualifiers are insanely soft but also hugely dependant on luck. You will pretty much always get into the last 3-4 or even HU but from there on out need a lot of luck - since players are horrible beyond belief.

In the end its also highly dependent on how many FPP you have. If you have a lot of FPP higher buy-ins are more advisable (although the Stars shop is also nice :D )

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Thanks Soycd, great help!

Stiev