PokerStrategy.com Elephant Discontinued

• MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze

PokerStrategy.com Elephant to be Discontinued

PokerStrategy.com has come to a decision to discontinue our Elephant hand analysis software.

This decision has come about as a result of wanting to provide the best possible product to PokerStrategy.com users. We could not envision a future scenario in which it would be efficient to continue providing and maintaining the Elephant software.

We strive to give the best service to our members and it was determined that, in the case of the Elephant software, we were unable to live up to our own expectations and the quality that our members deserve.

Can I keep using the PokerStrategy.com Elephant software?

For now, the Elephant software remains available for our members. However, you will only be able to use it for a limited amount of time in the future, depending on which poker rooms you play at.

If, in the immediate future, your poker rooms of choice change their own software or hand history formats, they may no longer be compatible with Elephant. Because of these potential future problems, as well as current problems with Elephant, we will shut down the software entirely after a short period.

The Elephant software will expire on July 9, 2012, at which point you will be unable to use the software.

This has been arranged so that we do not continue to provide a software with increasing amounts of problems that would not be solved.

[B][SIZE=14]What current problems occur when using the Elephant?[/B][/SIZE]

The existing problems that we are aware of are detailed below:

iPoker Network:
      HUD not supported when using new lobby theme/skin
      HUD not supported on 9-max tables (no layout to support tables)
      HUD not supported for active preferred seat setting

PokerStars:
      Currently does not support hand histories where villain shows hand when folding during showdown
      Home game cash games not supported.
      Ringfenced poker rooms not supported (.fr.eu.it,etc...)

PartyPoker:
      HH parser does not support / detect misformed tournament summaries

Everest Poker:
      HH parser does not support tournaments/SnGs

[B][SIZE=14]What can I use instead of Elephant?[/B][/SIZE]

HM2Although Elephant is now discontinued, Hold'em Manager 2 (HM2) is the best poker tracker available on the market today. Our poker education and Hold'em Manager 2's software is a great combination for improving your game!

PokerStrategy.com members can purchase Hold'em Manager 2, Omaha Manager 2 or the combination package featuring both programs for up to 59% less than the regular retail price until April 15 plus an exclusive, branded version of Hold'em Manager 2.

Small Stakes Hold'em Manager 2/Omaha Manager 2: reduced from $59.99 to $25
      (tracks up to $0.25/$0.50 No Limit/Pot Limit, $0.50/$1 Fixed Limit, $22 MTTs/SnGs)

Pro Hold'em Manager 2/Omaha Manager 2: reduced from $89.99 to $55

Combo Package (Hold'em Manager 2/Omaha Manager 2 Pro): reduced from $149.99 to $99

Further Information: HM2 Special Offer for PokerStrategy.com Members!

• 10 replies
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze

Transitioning from PokerStrategy.com Elephant to Hold'em Manager 2

Hold'em Manager 2 is the most powerful tracking and HUD (heads-up display) software available for online poker players. When running, Hold'em Manager 2 or Omaha Manager 2 will import your hand history files in real time as you play (on all Hold'em or Omaha cash/tournament tables) and store them in a database.

This database allows you to track your progress and bankroll, find leaks in your game and analyse hand histories after the fact, much like the Elephant software. However, as this comparison chart shows, Hold'em Manager 2 is far more advanced than Elephant.

View the full comparison chart at the Hold'em Manager website.

For a full overview of Hold'em Manager 2, please click here to read our guide.

If you have any problems with transitioning from Elephant to Hold'em Manager 2 then you can post in our forums or contact elephantupgrade@HoldemManager.com

Importing Your Elephant Database to Hold'em Manager 2

To import your Elephant database to Hold'em Manager, you simply need to click the "Database" icon on the Hold'em Manager 2 home screen (top-left of the window), then click "Import" and select "Elephant" from the drop-down menu (see image below).

Elephant to Hold'em Manager 2: Video Guides

We have compiled some guides for existing Elephant users who wish to transition to Hold'em Manager 2:

An Introduction to Hold'em Manager 2 (05:29)

Hold'em Manager 2: Overview (21:06)

The Elephant to Hold'em Manager 2 Transition (12:02)

Hold'em Manager 2: Special Offer for PokerStrategy.com Members

PokerStrategy.com members can purchase Hold'em Manager 2, Omaha Manager 2 or the combination package featuring both programs for up to 59% less than the regular retail price until April 15 plus an exclusive, branded version of Hold'em Manager 2.

More info: HM2 Special Offer for PokerStrategy.com Members!

Hold'em Manager 2 Webinars

Hold'em Manager 2 will be hosting four webinars on their software and how you can utilise it to improve your game. While directed at Elephant users transitioning to Hold'em Manager 2, they will be a great learning resource for any newcomers to Hold'em Manager 2 or tracking software in general.

The subject of these webinars will be:

• Getting started with Hold'em Manager 2
      • A general tour of Hold'em Manager 2
      • New features of Hold'em Manager 2 for Elephant users

The webinars will take place at the following times:

• Wednesday, March 21 at 19:00 GMT
      • Monday, March 26 at 19:00 GMT
      • Sunday, April 01 at 22:00 GMT
      • Tuesday, April 10 at 19:00 GMT

The webinars will take place via http://www.webex.com and further details will be announced shortly.

• MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      Hey guys, any questions about this feel free to ask.
    • Holidej
      Holidej
      Bronze
      Yeah, Hold'em manager is better, but I will miss Elephant, I made my first steps with him :( And although this promotion is great, and we get the best tracking software for very cheap price, it's better for players that have just started to play to have free tracking tool, 'cause 25$ is half of their bankroll.
    • clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      No more poker for me then. Holdem manager won't work on my computer. Sad times indeed. Elephant might have been far from perfect but this lack of perfection allowed it to run on my old computer.
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by clandestineAl
      Holdem manager won't work on my computer.
      Poker tracker 4
    • clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Krishjanis
      Originally posted by clandestineAl
      Holdem manager won't work on my computer.
      Poker tracker 4
      From what I can see the system requirements for PT4 are higher than for HM but I will give it a try. Thanks.
    • sanitarium83
      sanitarium83
      Bronze
      really disappointed at the ban of the Elephant.
      Seems commercially motivated more than anythingh else.

If its really about quality standards: show a warning but let players still decide themselves if they wanna use the Elephant.
    • stealyourblinds
      stealyourblinds
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sanitarium83
      really disappointed at the ban of the Elephant.
      Seems commercially motivated more than anythingh else.

If its really about quality standards: show a warning but let players still decide themselves if they wanna use the Elephant.
      +++++ 1

very disapointed too
    • LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      Any one knom if u still can get a cheap copy of holdemanager1,?
      . i cashed out all my micro winnings and booked a holiday, now im broke with no job :(

p.s thanx pokerstrategy for leting us kno elephant was going away,i was just about to update my graf on twitter, it was looking awsome, now im f##### :p

R.I.P elephant, u tilted me, but were a good friend at times of need lol
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      Why isn't this deal going on NOW that Elephant is actually being discontinued?

Can any admin/HM2 rep/person reading this, still get me a discount on purchasing HM2?

Thanks!