[NL20-NL50] [SH] 25 AK IP 4bet pot A high flop

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      BB: $101.06 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 23, 3B: 13, AF: 7.0, Hands: 88

Hero (CO): $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with A :heart: K :diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 1 fold, SB calls $0.65, BB raises to $3.20, Hero raises to $5.93, 1 fold, BB calls $2.73

Flop: ($12.61) J :spade: A :club: 2 :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $6.02, BB raises to $30.10, Hero calls $13.05 all in

Villain is good reg.

Took a very straightforward play on the flop but I am thinking about better alternatives:
      -check back? I shouldn't be too afraid that I am giving outs he should not have draws in his range. Are hands like K:spade: Q:spade: ,9 :spade: T :spade: in his range? I am currently not expecting them. So, is it better to check back and try to get some value on turn/river?

-if I bet I think that it should be no more than 3-4$, so I can make 3 tiny tiny bets and expect him to call sometimes with second pair type hands. Villain is not going to call a bet like mine because he knows that he pot commits himself.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Preflop: Why do you make so tiny 4bet? :) It's practically a min-raise. :P I would do it at least 2,5x.

As played
      Postflop: I would make it simple and CB as I would do the same with some of the bluffs. $6 should be also fine, either way 4-6 should do it. :) But that's true that being in a 4way pot we could talk about checking behind here and trapping the aggressive guy.

Best Regards.