This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] 25 AK IP 4bet pot A high flop

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      BB: $101.06 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 23, 3B: 13, AF: 7.0, Hands: 88

Hero (CO): $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with A :heart: K :diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 1 fold, SB calls $0.65, BB raises to $3.20, Hero raises to $5.93, 1 fold, BB calls $2.73

Flop: ($12.61) J :spade: A :club: 2 :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $6.02, BB raises to $30.10, Hero calls $13.05 all in

Villain is good reg.

Took a very straightforward play on the flop but I am thinking about better alternatives:
      -check back? I shouldn't be too afraid that I am giving outs he should not have draws in his range. Are hands like K:spade: Q:spade: ,9 :spade: T :spade: in his range? I am currently not expecting them. So, is it better to check back and try to get some value on turn/river?

-if I bet I think that it should be no more than 3-4$, so I can make 3 tiny tiny bets and expect him to call sometimes with second pair type hands. Villain is not going to call a bet like mine because he knows that he pot commits himself.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Preflop: Why do you make so tiny 4bet? :) It's practically a min-raise. :P I would do it at least 2,5x.

As played
      Postflop: I would make it simple and CB as I would do the same with some of the bluffs. $6 should be also fine, either way 4-6 should do it. :) But that's true that being in a 4way pot we could talk about checking behind here and trapping the aggressive guy.

Best Regards.