armo
      Bronze
      Known players:
      BU:
      $26.76
      Hero:
      $39.76

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.40 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:club: , 8:spade:
      3 folds, BU raises to $1.00, SB folds, Hero calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.10) 5:heart: , 9:spade: , T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.60, Hero calls $1.60.

Turn: ($5.30) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BU calls $2.00.

River: ($9.30) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $9.30

Play b/f on turn ok? BU is regular TAG, quite capable making blindsteals
  • 6 replies
    • theloniousbones
      theloniousbones
      Bronze
      Your turn bluff-bet is too weak. $4 would be optimal to push him off the pot, assuming he didn't hit. C/F river is good, IMO.
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      That was not bluff bet, more like probe bet to see where I stand. Checking is too weak imo, if I check, villain might try the second barrel with A high. I still want to see the cheap showdown :) It kind of worked but I lost the showdown to JJ though
    • theloniousbones
      theloniousbones
      Bronze
      WP then. Reading a blindsteal, it's a good turnplay. It also puts him on notice for a scary board for his overpair, so in a way you lost almost the minimum in a situation like that.
    • whipflip15
      whipflip15
      Bronze
      Playing SH i don't like to call preflop here because vs unknown you don't have good implied odds vs his steal range and you will be OOP also. It will just to hard to extract value. 3 betting preflop i believe is better. As played i would bet more on turn.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If you want to see where you stand then bet pot on that flop:D
      If you want to get more money for opponent then c/r flop, since he often has overcards.
      By betting 2$ on the turn: this way you´re getting cheap showdown, but you´re also building the pot and would probably call his 1/2 potsize river bet.
      And if you´re betting on the turn then bet at least 3,5-4$, since the player might re-raise with bluff your weak bet and you would fold a better hand.
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      Ok, thanks for the input everyone