$10.00
      MP2:
      $18.41
      MP3:
      $27.32
      CO (Hero):
      $27.75

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, K.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.87, Hero calls $0.87, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.09) 7, 4, A (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.75, Hero raises to $2.25, MP3 calls $1.50.

Turn: ($6.59) J (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $4.25, MP3 calls $4.25.

River: ($15.09) 8 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $5.00, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $15.09.

At the time of playing I had liek 20-30 hands on villain and he was playing maybe 11/9 or smth ridic like that.
      That is why I decided to only flat + there is a fish in the bb (tbh I didn't notice that right away while flatting). Are these reasons enough to justify just a call pre or should this be a default 3b no matter what.

As played his really weak bet indicates that he has a hand that either is scared of the board or wants to see the next card as cheap as possible. At the time he looked so nitty he was deffo betting bigger with premiums to protect.

Turn card doesn't change much, but if I get c/r here it is a clear fold? How bout he donks 1/2 psb?

Now as he c/c turn and ch river I am sure I am ahead majority of time as all fd bust. I bet really small to give him a chance to look me up w TT, QQ or any other smaller made hand.
  • 5 replies
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      I would definitely 3bet here. You are ahead of his 9% pfr. I think you can mix in some calls with AK vs people that fold a lot to 3bets, but I definitely wouldn't do it as a default.

Flop I would raise to 3$. It is indeed a weird bet from him. I like your turn and river play.
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      I like the flat pre, you are ahead of 9%, but when you 3bet he folds the most of it. Its not like you 3bet/shove against 11/9 easily and be happy about it and 3bet/folding AK sucks.

I would also like a bigger flop raise, cause you give him great odds to peel with anything. I also like bet/folding the turn, and I would also bet the river bigger.

If he donks the turn, I would probably call and reevaluate on river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Gregor86,

Preflop: Actually I don't mind y our play at all. Neither wouldn't mind to 3bet there cause you have a lot of shorties after your and who are very likely loose. Cause if you 3bet and they ship you can still easily Call, if MP3 continues we can also decide whatever we going to do, even fold.

As played
      Postflop: Definitely the raise size on the flop is way too small. You are giving very good odds for any draw, I would do it ~$3,50-$4 even. :) Any draw & Ax pays us anyways. Otherwise kind of quesitonable on the river, do you think he is capable of paying, what's your plan if he ships?

Best Regards.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      If such seemingly tight opponent ships on river he usually must have smth. It is hard to make a logical shipping range there, but w no reads that he is capable of pulling large bluffs on river I would just make a crying fold.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Gregor86
      If such seemingly tight opponent ships on river he usually must have smth. It is hard to make a logical shipping range there, but w no reads that he is capable of pulling large bluffs on river I would just make a crying fold.
      Unfortunately we couldn't do anything else without any reads.