$24.90
      BU (Hero):
      $25.25
      SB:
      $25.10
      BB:
      $29.55

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, T.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB folds, BB raises to $2.35, Hero calls $1.60.

Flop: ($4.8) K, K, 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($4.8) Q (2 players)
      BB bets $3.00, Hero calls $3.00.

River: ($10.8) 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $5.50, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $10.8.

Villain is a winning reg.
      25/19, AF 5.3, 3b 15.1%, bbVSbtn 3b 40%(10), cbet 3b pots 80%(5).

So this guy started abusing quit hard so hand pre is standard.

When he doesn't cbet the flop I can see hands in his range that mostly missed or KT+ hands. Now I also don't wanna take a stab right away bcs after his ch I asumme he is weak and mostly don't wanna chase him away with my "K".

Turn bet doesn't change much, maybe he spiked a Q but he will still have a hard time calling my raise or a bet. I am still not sure if reraising here or raising/betting on river is better.

On river he does just what I want him to do and I bluffbet looking "valueish" 1/2 psb.

I hope I didn't make it to complicated and u understand it.

Do you think it is a good plan play?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Gregor86,

As long I don't know the opponent I would still Bet the flop as we would do it with any PP which flat like that on preflop and then reevaluate on further actions. :) We wouldn't have to make those hero-calls and might even let him hit something.

Best Regards.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      But I do sortof know the opponent and am aware that he is capable of thinkink at least a bit.

I think I uderstand the concept of why to bet here w small or mid pp pairs, but would you ever bet here with a K? Not to mention I almost never setmine w pp in 3b pot, 99-JJ if villain has his 3b frequencies out of line.

What is our plan if we bet and he c/c? Barrel turn and river?

Would you aggre I could be facing more aggression on earlier streets from a standard tag, which makes me fold my hand more times?
      If so than my passive approach should be better, cuz most regulars are aware of ppl slowplaying trips in these kind of situatins?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yeah, I would Bet also with Kx here and kind of smallish to induce and drag him along.

What is our plan if we bet and he c/c? Barrel turn and river?

Yes, I would also barrel the turn on blank cause I expect to see very often even people tend to Check/Call with just AK/AQ/AJ or whatsoever type of hands. Plus we can always hit ourselves something and maybe even Bet for value. But that mainly depends on the opponent and his CB frequency, if I expect him also to Check/Call even with made hands as PPs then I do agree that I would tend to Check behind.

If so than my passive approach should be better, cuz most regulars are aware of ppl slowplaying trips in these kind of situatins?

As I said, I wouldn't be slowplaying trips. :D