[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL16 AJo

• dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Bronze
      [converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.08/$0.16 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $13.14 (82.1 bb)
      Hero (CO): $23.61 (147.6 bb)
      BTN: $16 (100 bb)
      SB: $13.15 (82.2 bb)
      BB: $22.66 (141.6 bb)
      UTG: $20.05 (125.3 bb)

villain 28/1/0/67
      45WTS/.3AF

b/f river fine against such a passive guy? dont think he would do this with busted draws so maybe 4x or slowplayed FH?

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: J:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.48, BTN folds, SB calls $0.40, BB folds

Flop: ($1.12) 3:diamond: 9:heart: 4:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.64, SB calls $0.64

Turn: ($2.40) A:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.28, SB calls $1.28

River: ($4.96) 4:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.24, SB raises to $6.56, Hero folds

Results: $9.44 pot ($0.42 rake)
      Final Board: 3:diamond: 9:heart: 4:heart: A:diamond: 4:club:
      Hero mucked A:heart: J:diamond: and lost (-$4.64 net)
      SB mucked and won $9.02 ($4.38 net)
      [/hand_history][/converted_hand]
  • 2 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Bet bigger on the flop, about $0.90 or so to make him pay with his draws, force him into a mistake. On the turn it's a pretty standard bet on a board with 2 flushdraws out.

On the river i'm not sure i'm betting, this depends on villain's tendencies and any reads we have on him. But I guess we can say that he's sitting with 80bb so we can assume he's a fish. The assumption we make with fish is that they are all passive until they show otherwise, so raises are the nuts. In this case we made the right decision betting the river as fish can call with all sorts (They are passive and loose by nature in general), but we definitely made the right decision in folding :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dannywratten,

Flop: Against a station standard CB here, we could easily be even ahead with our A high and maybe even Bet for value.
      Turn: Although I don't get your Bet size here? Why do you make so small? Don't you want to protect? Bet it normal size ~$1,80 at least and protect it. :) You might just induce him to raise you with just draws.

As played
      River: Kind of questionable play, I most likely would bet it ~$2 or something similar to leave him room to Call with a lot worse. But while you made so small Bets he could even easily think that he is ahead with his Ace TP here and for the given odds I might even Call. What should he be repping here? And you practically turned yourself into such a spot and show weakness with turn Bet. Of course we could talk about that kind of line as Bet/Fold but I would tend to pick it when I would make normal bets earlier and not such induce-like ones.

Best Regards.