When stats become out dated

• denetomtom
      denetomtom
      Bronze
      Hey Guys,

If your using HM or PT or any hh database for that matter whats your views on the length of time you should keep data on a player.

That is how relevant would you say your old stored data of one year ago is on todays game?

What are your data base hh purging periods, 3month? 6month?

The reason I ask is that firstly I have a very large data base and would like to trim it down and secondly are the stats of say one year ago likely to help my reads today, hence the question about purging periods.

As always look forward to your veiws and comments.

Thanks.
  • 8 replies
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      I would say keep up to the last 6 months at most, 3 months is probably best.

People normally change as they play more so could be playing much different to what they did 6 months ago
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CallumN

People normally change as they play more so could be playing much different to what they did 6 months ago
      But can you get rid of other peoples stats without deleting your whole HH? And how to do this?
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      Im not 100% sure, it is something you would have to check on the help section on HM's website.

Im pretty sure there is a way to do it, as I had done it before when i had like 2 years of hands on 1 PC
    • denetomtom
      denetomtom
      Bronze
      I know in HM2 on the purge tab there is an option to save hands by particular players so setting this to your own player tag should save your HH and remove everyone elses.

Is that what you meant?
    • denetomtom
      denetomtom
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CallumN

Yeah I was thinking around 3 months before I asked question, so unless anyone has other ideas, then 3 months it is.#

Thanks CallumN
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      And you can define a month filter for Hud stats under Hud options -> Hud filters -> Include hands newer than max 3 months old
    • denetomtom
      denetomtom
      Bronze
      Thanks netsrak good to know, but I cant see what purpose that would serve, if we say only last 3months data is good then we set your filter at 3months and only see the required hands.

So why not just purge hands older than 3 months from DB, this would have same effect and reduce size of DB.

Dont know if Im missing something obvious here!!
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      You are right, purging is the most obvious solution. But some users want to keep the hands for analysis and other reasons so if you like you can use this filter too.