This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

MSS - which chart to use 3bet vs resteal

• Borr
      Borr
      Bronze
      Hi Guys,

I am having a go at the MSS and was wondering what the difference is between a 3bet and resteal.

Suppose i am in the BB, everyone folds to the SB who bets out. Is my action going to be a 3bet, or resteal?

According to the charts, i can 3bet with: 88+, AK-AT, A9s
      But I can only resteal with: 88+, AK-AJ

I am looking at these charts:
      3Bet chart
      Steal / resteal chart

Thanks for your input.
  • 4 replies
    • AlexMc3
      AlexMc3
      Bronze
      A steal is when someone is first in and raises from CO, button or SB. Anything reraising a steal is a resteal.
    • Borr
      Borr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlexMc3
      A steal is when someone is first in and raises from CO, button or SB. Anything reraising a steal is a resteal.
      Hi Alex, thanks for your response.

So this means a resteal is always a 3bet, right?
      In that case i am at loss which chart to use, especially given they have different hand ranges.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      a resteal is a 3bet vs a steal.

so it's a sub-set of a 3bet
    • Borr
      Borr
      Bronze
      Hey mbml!

That's clear. So I use the resteal chart against a steal and the 3-bet chart against a regular open.

What I can't get my head around, is how i (in the BB) can determine whether SB is opening or stealing. Is that a stat thing? Someone only opening value hands (low VPIP) is probably not trying to steal?